I just built the best amp, EVER!!!
Mar 16, 2004 at 7:49 PM Post #16 of 22
You could redesign it without the wires, but mount the input and output in such a way that there is only a microscopic gap between the solder tabs.

The ad copy could read:
"Only the most musical sounding electrons jump the gap between conductors giving the Zamp an astounding level of air and sonic transparency."

And throw in something about the ultra-short signal path too.

Mar 16, 2004 at 8:56 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

"Only the most musical sounding electrons jump the gap between conductors giving the Zamp an astounding level of air and sonic transparency."

Ah, but then the competition would counter that it's a capacitively-coupled design. Granted, air is a pretty good capacitor dielectric, but some people just won't tolerate caps in the signal path.

Mar 16, 2004 at 11:57 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Despite the acclaim it's been receiving, I have still not sold any units! that's why I'm dropping the price from $600 a pieace to $550 each.

Perhaps the problem isn't that your price is to high but to low. People just don't understand how good a $550 amp can truly be. I bet if you raised the price to say $750 it would sound even better.
wink.gif

Mar 17, 2004 at 10:07 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by Zemo
Hmm...good point. the price is set at 750! Get 'em while you still can!

If you use silver wire, then you might be able to charge as much as $1000.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by chillysalsa
I wonder if you have followed the same carefully researched design philosophy as these $400 little devices:

I can think of lots better things to use Eichmann Bullets for.
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back