I just bought the Klipsch Image One gen 2 for 30 dollars and I'm pretty impressed.
Nov 30, 2014 at 6:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

magikmic2000

100+ Head-Fier
So I got a great deal on these headphones and that's what first made me take a chance on these headphones. I've had them on for about two hours and I'll give you my thoughts on them.    The first thing I noticed when I started unboxing them was how nice looking the package is. You get a nice box,a semi-hard case and two headphone adapters. One 1/4 inch adapter and one adapter for planes(I don't know what that adapter is called lol). The headphones fold up nicely in the case very nicely. The headphones are also very light and feel very comfortable on my head. They don't clamp too tight and the cushions are VERY soft. 

What Comes In The Box
You get a nice box,a semi-hard case and two headphone adapters. One 1/4 inch adapter and one adapter for planes(I don't know what that adapter is called lol). The headphones fold up nicely in the case very nicely. Looks like a headphone at least worth 100 dollars or more. Very impressed. 10/10

Comfort
The headphones are very comfortable. They are very light and don't clamp very tight. The cushions are on-ear pads that are very soft. I've had them on for 2 hours and haven't noticed much heat on my ears. I think they are supremely comfortable. 9/10

Isolation
For these not being a noise cancelling headphone they do block out a decent amount of noise. You can hear a little bit of outside noise at low volumes but a decent volume I wasn't able to hear much outside noise.  8/10

Sound leakage
I think this is also a plus for the Klipsch Image One gen II. I had my laptop at almost max volume and these didn't leak much sound. I think they would be very capable of being a headphone you could use in public without annoying others. 8/10

Performance
First thing I noticed when I started listening to these was OMG so much bass. It's a very bassy headphone which isn't my cup of tea. I turned on Bass Reducer on my iPhone EQ and it made a world of difference. The sound was then pretty balanced and clean. There was no distortion at all. No matter how loud I turned them up they didn't distort which I thought was pretty impressive. Everything sounds lively. Solid bass,voices sounded great and the highs have a bit of a sparkle but not too bright or fatiguing. Soundstage isn't as wide as an open back headphone but they don't sound congested. Every instrument is heard distinctively. Overall a nice sound.

Sound without EQ  6/10
Sound with EQ 8/10

Overall 
I don't think these are a audiophile headphone but I do think they are very nice sounding. When EQ'd they can play most genres very well IMO. I'm actually quite suprised at all the hate these have recieved. I haven't seen any reviews for the 2nd generation of these so maybe they sound different than the first generation. I really can't comment on the sound of the first generation of these. I honestly really like these headphones. Yes they are a very bassy headphone without being EQ'd but that could be a good or bad thing. When using an equalizer I thought these sounded really nice IMO. I've heard the Bose AE2 and the Triport and I would take these over them any day. Because these headphones are so comfortable and sound really nice when EQ'd I'd have to give them a solid score. Plus the nice packaging,adapters and case. Overall I'm happy with this purchase.

8/10

So that's my opinion. What's your thoughts on this headphone? Also I'd like to know if these indeed do sound different than the first generation. If so why are they hated so much? I've heard quite a few pairs of headphones and I think these are among one of my favorite.

Nov 30, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #2 of 3
All of the Klipsch headphones & IEMs I have heard have been VERY dark & bassy - it seems to be their thing. I always thought that seemed odd, because historically, their speakers were known for both their thundering bass and the piercing detail from the iconic Klipsch horn tweeters. I've never understood why they make their headphones so one-dimensional.

Nov 30, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #3 of 3
I've never heard any Klipsch speakers but I'd love too. I do agree that these headphones are a bit dark but not too much. I recently just returned a set of Beats Solo HD 2.0 which were pretty highly regarded by Tyll from Innerfidelity and I think when the Klipsch are EQ'd they sound just similar and maybe a bit better. Plus these are 170 cheaper than what I paid for them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back