I just bought some SR-60's and KSC-75's. I want more.
Nov 12, 2005 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kidkoala

Head-Fier
Argh, I have been bitten by the headphone bug!! I am truly enjoying the sound of both of these headphones. The KSC's are stock for now, and I have the yellow Senn pads with the quarter hole in the middle on the Grado's. The thing that I find myself really, really loving about the Grado's is the SOUNDSTAGE! My god, it's so forward, so amazing. It is truly immersing. This is really my first experience with this kind of sound. I am running the Grado's unamped with lossy music as well, so I am excited to see what further gains can be made in this area.

Now I will probably wait a bit before upgrading, but I want to look at the next place to go. I really love immersive, airy, active experience the Grado's provide. This may be because I am new to the headphone world, but I really have no trouble with the fatigue that is typically complained of. My next purchase will most likely be an amp (I am thinking the SR-71 or the Hornet, as everyone seems to love them) and a set of headphones that can really shine with it.

Based on everything I have read, it seems the DT-880's are perfect for what I am looking for. Do you guys have any thoughts about this? For the price, they seem an especially great value. I would be willing to spend more if the upgrade in quality was really worth it, of course. Some great sealed cans would be nice too, but it seems like the seal does not really lend itself well to what I am looking for. I would really appreciate any kind of help. Also, please no IEM suggestions. Price range for headphones would be I guess $300-$400 (or below). Thanks!

Nov 12, 2005 at 11:49 PM Post #2 of 6
How bout another grado since you love your sr60's so much. The sr225's are a vast improvement on all aspects the sr60's have and can be had for $200usd. Too bad you missed the boat on the hf-1's. I've heard its been an awesome deal and headphone all around this forum.

Nov 12, 2005 at 11:58 PM Post #3 of 6
HF1 or MS2.
Team up well with an SR71 or millet hybrid. Both are warm sounding amps IMHO.

Garrett

Nov 13, 2005 at 6:46 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by kidkoala
Thanks, I will definitely look into the higher-end Grados. Do you guys have any opinions overall on the DT880's?

I liked them... More forward than a senn but not as aggressive as a Grado. Great image and soundstage too. IMHO it didn't sound to its full potential with my modest amps though. although I didn't demo it with my Millet.

Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back