I just bought an old school!!!!
Nov 24, 2004 at 6:33 PM Post #31 of 61
Yep... still have the RV and Manufactured home park (recently expanded by 18 new upscale RV sites for a total of 88 rv sites and 50 home sites) and I still teach woodshop at the highschool. The park isn't going anywhere, but at least we won't be living "in" our work anymore. I will also be keeping the teaching job.

I am a glutten for punishment you might say......

oh yea... I am in the middle of building 21 cedar sheds too right now as well.

Nov 24, 2004 at 6:48 PM Post #32 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by mahkook
(...) and the gym will be for play (...)

Is it big enough to have an indoor tennis court?
If so, can I call you dad...
biggrin.gif

Amicalement

Nov 24, 2004 at 8:13 PM Post #34 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
If you need someone to help with the construction / renovation etc. and if you are doing it yourself (DIY) then lemme know. My services are free as long as it gives me some experience
wink.gif

ADDENDUM TO CV:

Has recently completed a total restauration of urinals in an old school...
eek.gif

Seriously he will have to think pretty soon about domotique in such a large project. Solar system electricity devices and so on.

That should be a big challenge that could be in your area of expertise.

Amicalement

Nov 24, 2004 at 8:25 PM Post #36 of 61
Quote:

I can do electrical work, decorating, painting, plumbing, carpentry, bricklaying, cleaning, varnish/lacquering etc.
cool.gif

Not sure about the possibility of letting an engineer in charge of the decorating part of the project...
wink.gif

But redesigning all the utilities for that transformation is an important step before being at the stage when we hear the eternal « we should have....».
Just the heating system evolution should be the occasion of interesting choices.

Amicalement

Nov 24, 2004 at 8:39 PM Post #38 of 61
Quote:

very_evil_smiley.gif

I can cook, dust, vacuum and house-train the dog
eek.gif

very_evil_smiley.gif

A man of many talents but the only way you'll ever beat me on the indoor tennis court is by braking both my legs. But still you'll have to go in tie braker...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Amicalement,

Sorry about that mahkook... wont happen again.

Nov 24, 2004 at 8:43 PM Post #39 of 61
Hey I can beat you at tennis. I played at pretty high levels less than 3 years back and with a few months practice I can beat you for sure
smily_headphones1.gif

Looks like we are going to have to head down to this new school/house/HeadFi headquarters and decide the issue once and for all, mano e mano on the tennis court
wink.gif

LOL

Guys...we've basically laid siege on someone elses house
tongue.gif
The hazards of being a HeadFi member I guess
cool.gif

Nov 24, 2004 at 8:53 PM Post #40 of 61
Quote:

Hey I can beat you at tennis. I played at pretty high levels less than 3 years back and with a few months practice I can beat you for sure
smily_headphones1.gif

Looks like we are going to have to head down to this new school/house/HeadFi headquarters and decide the issue once and for all, mano e mano on the tennis court
wink.gif

I'm sorry to ruin your dream but, even a few months of practice, tennis use to pay my condo, cars, travels, audio gears (no it wasn't a Bose's system) ...
eek.gif

But I'm not so 100% sure about my chances if you are in charge of lighting...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Amicalement

Nov 24, 2004 at 8:55 PM Post #41 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by mahkook
PS.. my kids still don't know about, but will know tomorrow evening when the whole family gets here. Haven't figured out how to break the surprise.... any ideas????

Buy a Teachers outfit - gown and mortar board hat. And tell them they will be spending more time at school from now on!
tongue.gif

Nov 25, 2004 at 2:16 AM Post #42 of 61
Wow! You have an RV Park? I happen to love Oregon and own an Itasca Spirit 30 foot Class C(I'm thinking about getting an Airstream soon). You're making me wanna drive out and check the place out again.

Nov 25, 2004 at 2:39 AM Post #43 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genetic
I'm sorry to ruin you dream but, even a few months of practice, tennis use to pay my condo, cars, travels, audio gears (no it wasn't a Bose's system) ...
eek.gif

But I'm not so 100% sure about my chances if you are in charge of lighting...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Amicalement

Well Genetic, you probably have the distinction of being the only tennis pro at Head-Fi.
cool.gif
I'm a solid 4.5 player myself, if your ever in Pittsburgh maybe we could do a couple sets?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back