I just bought a pair of Obravo HAMT-2's. What should I expect?
Dec 20, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #3 of 4
I don’t know which version I have but I got them and they sounded like crap at first. Lots of bass but no extension. Mids suck. Lacks clarity (tinny), sounds very far. But once I started burning them in they sounded much clearer but still not worth the $400 I paid for. I’m still burning them in. I haven’t reached the 500 hour burn in Mark that the HAMT1 are supposed to have. I also don’t have a tuning kit for the bass ports.

Dec 20, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #4 of 4
I don’t know which version I have but I got them and they sounded like crap at first. Lots of bass but no extension. Mids suck. Lacks clarity (tinny), sounds very far. But once I started burning them in they sounded much clearer but still not worth the $400 I paid for. I’m still burning them in. I haven’t reached the 500 hour burn in Mark that the HAMT1 are supposed to have. I also don’t have a tuning kit for the bass ports.
I had the HAMT-1 and they had a huge lower mid suckout that isolated the bass from the midrange. But a nice huge speaker-like sound if you can get past the jarring frequency balance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back