I hope this is wrong !
Jul 27, 2006 at 2:42 PM Post #2 of 21
I saw reports this morning that someone had tested positive but they named no one. If it is true, well what can you do...he should be stripped of the Tour de France win...

Jul 27, 2006 at 2:42 PM Post #3 of 21
Yeah this could be very disappointing.

Jul 27, 2006 at 2:50 PM Post #4 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
Yeah this could be very disappointing.

And also pretty stupid -

Every rider in the Tour is tested for banned substances prior to the race. Various cyclists are tested after every stage, according to a selection process determined before the race. Under current rules, at least 180 urine drug tests are given, including daily drug tests for the race leader and stage winner and six to eight cyclists selected at random throughout the field.

If Landis did take (whatever) and set out to win he must have known that he would be tested as stage winner so it looks really dumb to do that.

Jul 27, 2006 at 2:59 PM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by hciman77
And also pretty stupid -

Every rider in the Tour is tested for banned substances prior to the race. Various cyclists are tested after every stage, according to a selection process determined before the race. Under current rules, at least 180 urine drug tests are given, including daily drug tests for the race leader and stage winner and six to eight cyclists selected at random throughout the field.

If Landis did take (whatever) and set out to win he must have known that he would be tested as stage winner so it looks really dumb to do that.

True, You think they would be smart enough not to dope up AT ALL. I guess we will wait and see what happens.

Jul 27, 2006 at 3:33 PM Post #6 of 21
Maybe all that pounding around down there had the oppsite effect then what typically happens to most and the testicles started producing testosterone again
wink.gif

Jul 27, 2006 at 8:49 PM Post #7 of 21
wow... testing positive for testosterone?

does biking really have that much of a negative affect on the "boys"?

alrighty... well looks like I'd rather be Peter North than Landis

Jul 27, 2006 at 8:52 PM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by r3cc0s
wow... testing positive for testosterone?

does biking really have that much of a negative affect on the "boys"?

alrighty... well looks like I'd rather be Peter North than Landis

I'm not sure if I should laugh or turn away... since I know who North is
biggrin.gif

Jul 27, 2006 at 9:23 PM Post #9 of 21
Ugh, this stuff gets me down about pro cycling. I didn't want to watch much of the tour after Basso and Ulrich were kicked out on suspicion. I really hope the second drug test comes back clear... sometimes I wonder if ALL those guys are cheaters
mad.gif

Jul 27, 2006 at 9:44 PM Post #10 of 21
Welcome to Baseball on Wheels. This is starting to look really bleak for the Tour.
frown.gif

Jul 27, 2006 at 10:01 PM Post #11 of 21
I just caught on the news that he will be stripped of the title pending a "backup test" result due in a few weeks (why does it take so long?)

Jul 27, 2006 at 10:07 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3DCadman
I just caught on the news that he will be stripped of the title pending a "backup test" result due in a few weeks (why does it take so long?)

The accused gets to be present at the test and is allowed to present any mitigating evidence - since some athletes have abnormally high levels of testosterone his test result may be "normal" for him.

At least one other cyclist has been cleared of such a charge. Landaluze was similarly accused but found to have high levels normally due to a medical condition.

Given Phonak's record they could do without this !

Jul 27, 2006 at 10:18 PM Post #14 of 21
a history of the sport shows in the old days, cyclists would regualry consumer, beer, champagne, opium, morphine, etc., before a race, usually in combination. iow, they were stoned out of their gourds.

Jul 27, 2006 at 11:50 PM Post #15 of 21
ok, before anyone freaks out, since he was tested before and during the race, from what ive heard is for his level to be eleven times (thats what the report says so far) he would have had to be doping the whole time because the "doping" in question takes quite a bit of time to take effect....

im not worried at this point, lets face it, they tried to do this with armstrong every single year for how long????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back