I HIGHLY recommend Creative Zen Nano/Plus
May 1, 2006 at 11:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ozshadow

500+ Head-Fier
I have the 1gb version in the Plus so it has FM.

FM is decent, but this is an mp3 player.

This thing plays loud, and very clear. The stock buds are decent I'd say, but everyone here has better headphones.

The display is small, but for music alone, its all you need. Its simple to add song to it and fast to transfer.

I am loving it ..... but most of all, custom EQ = awesome sound in a tiny box the size of a zippo lighter.

Can get the 1gb at Wal-mart for $99 now.

May 2, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #2 of 5
The Zen Nano and Zen Nano Plus are good music players at a good price.

I'm very happy with my Zen Nano (I don't listen to much radio, so saved a few dollars by not getting the Plus version). I listen to it frequently -- and I also own a Rio Karma, a Rio Carbon, and an iAudio 5, so it's not as though the Creative was the only player I've ever tried. With after-market earphones, 192 kbps files sound good on it.

I've given a couple of Zen Nanos as gifts, to get people interested in portable digital audio. I like having a AAA-powered player to supplement players that use built-ins. The AAA battery can add to the convenience factor of such a small, portable -- but good-sounding -- player. I was hospitalized unexpectedly recently, and since I carry the highly portable Zen Nano and a spare battery just about everywhere, when the battery ran down in the middle of the night, it was good to be able to just pop another battery in there and listen to music.

May 2, 2006 at 2:26 AM Post #3 of 5
I also have the zen nano and its a kick ass little player.I mostly use it for house/yard work but its good for that.I bought the arm band for it from amazon and its even better than that little around the neck thing it comes with.I lik ethe AAA battery too as i have yet to change it out.I'd tell any body who was looking for a mp3 player to get one.i didn;t even bother taking the stock headphones out of the little plastic bag and bought some sennheiser px200's for it..they are nice but it seems not matter how hard i clamp it down it always starts to slide off if i'm bent over
mad.gif

May 2, 2006 at 3:00 AM Post #4 of 5
if they're anything like creative muvo's (and i believe they are), you need an external amp to drive decent phones as they have a very weak headphone out, all in all my muvo did sound very good, just lacked power

for $99, i much prefer the clearer and crisper shuffle 1gb that has a much more powerful integrated amp and has a built in lithium battery that charges via usb but the shuffle lacks fm radio and voice recording

i also liked drag and drop more than having to use itunes, also the inability to play wma files are a pain for using the shuffle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back