I heard a Rap/R&B song on November 25, 2003...
Nov 28, 2012 at 4:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Headphoneus Supremus
Nearly 9 years ago I heard this song. I remember the date since I went to a funeral that day. Prior to the funeral, I heard a Rap, possibly R&B song with the words "life goes on" somewhere in the chorus. I'd like to find the song again, but I can't find it anywhere using lyrics search engines.

So far I know its not my Donell Jones or Tupac.

I should have asked this question in '04 when I joined. Questions regarding the KSC-35 could have waited!! 
wink.gif

Does anyone know what song I'm thinking about?

Nov 28, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #2 of 13
http://www.bobborst.com/popculture/top-100-songs-of-the-year/?year=2003

you could try that list, as you can tell, rap was not overly emotional enough to have that line in their chorus

maybe some help with the songs rhythm:

bass-thumping or mellow
rapper-gruff voice, booming voice, soft voice
instrumentals-simple or multi-layered
since you say maybe RnB, is the singer guy or girl and what is their vocals like
anything else will help obviously

are you sure its a 2003 song?

Nov 28, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #3 of 13
I heard it on the radio in 2003. I'm not certain if it was produced in '03.

I just remember it being mellow. Male singer.

Nov 30, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #6 of 13
Honestly don't remember anything else? More information would be helpful. Do you remember any of the other lyrics, or themes? Can you be more specific about how it sounded? You say that it was a rap track--but possibly R&B? What made it possibly R&B? How many vocalists were there--did it sound like there were any guest verses? Do you remember anything about the instrumentation, other than it being mellow?

If you're sure that 'life goes on' was in the lyrics, try a search for it on rapgenius.com. You might get lucky--though you'd probably have to sort through a lot of songs.

Dec 1, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #7 of 13
I had a similar situation in the 80s. There was no youtube or google to hum to. Good luck.

I did find mine after several years of hopeless searching for an instrumental.

Dec 1, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #8 of 13
Damnit!

Dec 1, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #10 of 13

Users who are viewing this thread

Back