I have this terrible urge....
Oct 30, 2006 at 11:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

reivaj

1000+ Head-Fier
to buy another pair of headphones that would go to waste. oh someone help me. im so tempted to sink some money into some sennheisers or audio techinas or even possibly a beyer. someone make the urge stop

Oct 30, 2006 at 11:38 PM Post #3 of 17
Grado > Sennheiser > (lower end) Audio-Technica. but SOME Beyers > Grado.

Oct 30, 2006 at 11:59 PM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by reivaj
I gots a ms1... whats next!

First Senns, then AT, then beyers.
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 31, 2006 at 12:15 AM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

to buy another pair of headphones that would go to waste. oh someone help me. im so tempted to sink some money into some sennheisers or audio techinas or even possibly a beyer. someone make the urge stop

Hanging around here every day will only fire up those urges
evil_smiley.gif

Now that you have MS-1, if you really wanna dump those cash I'll send you my Paypal acc J/K
biggrin.gif

Really, you already have an open can, now you can look for another one which offers isolation. If you have not listened to AKG K81DJ it's a good buy by all account. Or if you wanna spend more go for Senn HD25-1 or if you wanna go Audio Technica way go for ATH-ES7.

Money talks
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 31, 2006 at 1:18 AM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

...settle the urge by buying some good IEM's and thens give them to me...urge setlled and i get some headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2006 at 1:21 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Help you? HELP YOU!!??

I was hoping you could help ME!!

My MS2i keeps wispering in my ear: "....and send me an HD600 for classical fullfillment...."

What can I do now!!??
confused.gif

very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 31, 2006 at 2:33 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN
Come to think of it, you money would be better spend on new CDs. There's nothing like enjoying new songs.....

Arrrrrgh! New CDs is what got MY latest bout of upgraditus going!

My Wife and kids got me a new set of MS2i for my birthday last month! That's great! Couldn't be happier!! That's just what I wanted!!
smily_headphones1.gif

To add to the enjoyment, they also got me some new CDs!
smily_headphones1.gif

CLASSICAL and ORGAN CDs! I love big classical and organ music.
rolleyes.gif

.....MS2i don't DO really big classical and really big pipe organ music.
frown.gif

Oct 31, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #13 of 17
I've got the upgraditis bad, too. I want to get my first amp and would like to try out my first pair of Grados as well!!

Any suggestions on what pair of Grado's for less than 150 I should make as my first purchase?

Oct 31, 2006 at 2:47 AM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by adeut85
I've got the upgraditis bad, too. I want to get my first amp and would like to try out my first pair of Grados as well!!

Any suggestions on what pair of Grado's for less than 150 I should make as my first purchase?

Well....I had MS-1s for a few months, great cans for $99. Only problem I had was they lead me straight to MS2i.

Yeah...Alessandro has me hooked, but good. These cans play most all kinds of music beautifully, but especially rock!

I think they pack a fresh upgraditus bug in each of the Grado Pizza-boxes they ship their phones in.
frown.gif

Oct 31, 2006 at 2:52 AM Post #15 of 17
i find myself picking up my 595's every day and thinking: yes these do everything well, but nothing amazing. whats really enticing now are some grados so i can rock out the right way. i then remember that nothing will ever really be a cure for the itch. so i just sit back my 595's that i know i enjoy.

moral of the story: if you go the middle way, youll miss out on some of the best areas of particular headphones, but youll never miss anything completely. so if youre gonna upgrade thumbs up to the 595's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back