I have the Sennheiser HD660S... anyways I need some help continuing this journey.
Mar 23, 2020 at 5:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

punkedrock

100+ Head-Fier
So a bit of background I got into this hobby because I’m into SQ car audio, anyways there’s this subwoofer known as a Sundown sd3-D2 and this thing is so responsive and accurate it’s ridiculous and I put one in my truck, next thing I’m sold on SQ for life and then ordered morel maximo components.

long story short, I’m after accuracy here so how far down this rabbit hole do I need to go to reach this point?
Did I pick out a good pair of headphones for this?

I was thinking about getting the fiio q5s to amp these though I’ll probably need a source unit and a 24bit subscription or would I find amazing sound with just the amplifier?

2) Also how much of a difference am I going to notice a balanced amplifier?

3) And how much of a difference am I going to notice a dedicated source unit playing 24bit?

Mar 23, 2020 at 5:59 AM Post #2 of 3
I think if you're after sub-woofer-like bass response from a headphone, the HD660S is not going to be the one.
There are very few headphones in existence that can provide something close to the kind of immersion, impact and deeply textured/layered bass of a sub-woofer.

Regarding 24bit audio and balanced amplification, you won't notice a big difference (if any) with either.
It's very likely you will not hear any difference going 24bit, but you may hear a very tiny difference with balanced amplification.

Mar 23, 2020 at 6:22 AM Post #3 of 3
The answer is you are going to need a whole bunch of spending money, to do it right

Users who are viewing this thread

Back