I have Sennheiser 595's, thinking of getting UE 5EB's for hiphop music
May 1, 2009 at 1:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

BiGSQUiD

New Head-Fier
What do you think?

I own Sennheiser 595's and I wasn't extremely impressed with the bass response to certain hiphop songs, especially ones with really low frequencies. Don't get me wrong, I love these headphones and think they serve their purpose, but they probably weren't made for bass and rap.

However, I have always wanted something loud and bassy to be able to handle the demanding low frequencies my rap produces, would I notice a huge difference going from my 595s to UE 5EB's earphones when listening to low frequency, Or do you think the difference would be minimal? All the reviews I have read for the 5EB's suggest that their bass is mindblowing, is this true in comparison to say my 595s?

this is my first post, thanks for reading

May 1, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #2 of 9
Whats your budget for an IEM? there are much better IEM's for bass than SF5 EB

May 1, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by BiGSQUiD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...would I notice a huge difference going from my 595s to UE 5EB's earphones when listening to low frequency, Or do you think the difference would be minimal?

Yes you will!

At least in terms of the amount of bass. But as others have mentioned, there are other headphones with better quality bass. I love the 5EB for its incredible amount of bass.

May 2, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sell your 595s and get a HD650 or DT880. They will do rap and hiphop a lot better.

wouldnt you need a good amp to get that result? (the HD650s) or can that be attained unamped?

im asking because i am in a similar situation as the OP; my first serious pair of headphones (after the V6s) were the HD595s and i bought the D1001s to fix the lack of bass. my HD595s are getting less and less use :/ but i still wanna stick with sennheiser; i love their sound.

and to remain on topic, when i was doing some research on the variations of the UE super fi 5's i read about the EB and everyone said the bass was quite stunning. the only listening experience i can compare them to would be the UE super fi 5 pros. i listen to hip hop/R&B/punk rock/trance and found the bass to be just ok. so i would imagine the EB version would be quite substantial.

May 2, 2009 at 9:06 AM Post #7 of 9
It is true they love powerful amps. Only with good amps they will sound their best but if you want better sound quality think about getting an amp. A good DAC, amp and headphones setup will blow you away, I am sure.
wink.gif
To be honest, it is the only way that you can really enjoy a leap in performance.

May 3, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #8 of 9
Sennheiser IE8 are great for Hip Hop

their bass has the subwooferish feel to it..and since they have huge soundstage....the bass doesnt feel congested

May 5, 2009 at 6:08 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is true they love powerful amps. Only with good amps they will sound their best but if you want better sound quality think about getting an amp. A good DAC, amp and headphones setup will blow you away, I am sure.
wink.gif
To be honest, it is the only way that you can really enjoy a leap in performance.

ah i see. thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back