I have Senn497 any reason to buy the Sen280 too
Feb 9, 2004 at 7:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

(yo_alexandru

100+ Head-Fier
First of all limited buget so this is the level in headphones for me for now.

I listen all kind of music (class., jazz, swing.....tehno,rap,hip-hop)

From the reviews I understand that Senn497 are good more for class.,jazz.. music then for DJ stuff. So I think with 280 I'll have decent headphones for all my music.

Should I buy them here are 100euro.

Thanks!

Feb 9, 2004 at 11:37 PM Post #2 of 6
anyone please need help
cool.gif

Feb 10, 2004 at 1:04 AM Post #3 of 6
personally I like the HD497 over the HD280s. although one is open and the other is closed. HD497 are definately more comfortable than the HD280's and although I didn't hear them side by side I tossed the HD280's back in the box after 5 mins of testing whereas the HD497s sounded good and although i returned em after an hour of testing, they were much better imho than the HD280s.

if you don't need to worry about sound leaking i'd stick with the hd497s.

Feb 10, 2004 at 1:52 AM Post #5 of 6
HD280 actually is another headphone that stresses the high-end over the lows. They need a very long break-in period before the the bass is completely brought out, but even then they're not very warm.

HD280 is a mostly analytical pair of headphones, with very clear and detailed trebles (but also harsh and fatiguing), with a accurate but not very full bass.

HD497 has a fuller bass, warmer, a little muddier and doesn't extend as far, but far more enjoyable than the bass in HD280. HD280 is for people who has that certain taste, I suppose, I'm not one of them. They are very good at revealing details (especiallly the high-end), but not so good with exciting music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back