I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!
Aug 23, 2007 at 5:07 PM Post #31 of 36
Welcome to head-fi. Feel free to apply for food stamps now...this is an expensive addiction.

Aug 23, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #32 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by lt.milo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh no don't bother on those. i disliked their veiled sound and lack of isolation

Isolation depends on the fit. They isolated well for me.

Aug 23, 2007 at 5:48 PM Post #33 of 36
Sorry to burst your bubble a little, but I don't feel the HD515 are good headphones, I've had them before giving them away. I couldn't even sell them I was so ashamed by their sound. But on the bright side, I loved my HD485 when I had those. The 485 are >>>>>>>> 515s!!!!!!!!! You should perhaps look into some HD595, you'll be amazed. Portable can wise, the Audio Technica ES7 for $100 are to die for!

Aug 23, 2007 at 6:51 PM Post #34 of 36
I've never used a quality pair of IEM's and I'd like to try the etymotic ER-4P, but I can't return them if I open them (for obvious reasons). Can anyone tell me if they have sound comparable to a decent set of cans (ie: the 485's)?

Aug 23, 2007 at 7:02 PM Post #35 of 36
I would think about upgrading your source before you get into a 'higher level' earphone like the ER-4p. I own UE superfi.5pros and there are suppost to be less detailed then the etymotics, and i cant listen to a phone/mp3 without being dissapointed with the results. The negitive results of a low bitrate files and source will be even more evident on etymotics. Also, ive read etys need an amp to shine.

Aug 24, 2007 at 4:53 PM Post #36 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
akg_k1000.jpg

These buggers have a reputation for isaolating like IEMs. They're discontinued, but eBay. They're 'Daihatsu KJ-40s'...

You can plug 'em right into your phone too....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back