I have Philips Fidelio X1 headphones and Fiio E17 DAC - is there an Android phone that can provide good quality sound for my set up?
Oct 6, 2014 at 6:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

homeriscool

New Head-Fier
Hi all im just wondering if anyone can advise a good android smart phone ( not too expensive ) that will power my set up and provide good quality sound?

I have Philips Fidelio X1 headphones and Fiio E17 DAC running on my laptop but its annoying when i just want to lie on my bed and chill out  without a bulky laptop by my side....

Oct 6, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #2 of 4
Most android phones that support OTG (on-the-go) will be able to power the E17. I myself just a few days ago purchased the Fiio E10K for my Moto X. Personally, as a fanboy of stock (or mostly stock) android, I'd recommend the New Moto X. While I have the old one (generation 1 developer edition), I can assure the the new Moto X is nothing but an improvement. But basically any android that supports USB OTG will be able to power the E17. If not, simply buy a USB hub. Your setup should go something like this: Source -> USB OTG cable -> USB cable -> Fiio E17 -> Headphones.

Oct 6, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #3 of 4
  Most android phones that support OTG (on-the-go) will be able to power the E17. I myself just a few days ago purchased the Fiio E10K for my Moto X. Personally, as a fanboy of stock (or mostly stock) android, I'd recommend the New Moto X. While I have the old one (generation 1 developer edition), I can assure the the new Moto X is nothing but an improvement. But basically any android that supports USB OTG will be able to power the E17. If not, simply buy a USB hub. Your setup should go something like this: Source -> USB OTG cable -> USB cable -> Fiio E17 -> Headphones.

Hey thanks for this info. I was unaware of a OTG cable. im going to buy one now off ebay. Thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back