I have no clue what amp or dac, or whatever, to get
Sep 27, 2012 at 5:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Swaggursaurus

New Head-Fier
So I am planning on getting the Beyer DT770 Pro 250 for listening to music on my iPhone, since that's all I have, but I'm pretty sure I need an amp or dac or whatever. Anyways, I was asking if you guys could help me figure this out and recommend anything to me.

Thanks!

Sep 27, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
So I am planning on getting the Beyer DT770 Pro 250 for listening to music on my iPhone, since that's all I have, but I'm pretty sure I need an amp or dac or whatever. Anyways, I was asking if you guys could help me figure this out and recommend anything to me.

Thanks!

It's $155 for an external DAC that can work with portable Apple products (iPhone, iPod, iPad).
Just get the Fiio E11 portable headphone amplifier, with an extra battery or two (Micca combo).

Sep 27, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Why do you think you need an amp?

With your iPhone, are you looking at portable amps?

Sep 27, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Why do you think you need an amp?

With your iPhone, are you looking at portable amps?

The iPhone's amp isn't enough to power a 250 ohm headphone. It hardly gives enough juice to my 70 ohm HD25-1 that's pretty sensitive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back