I have my ER-6 in hand...
Aug 1, 2002 at 12:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

x1lexure

100+ Head-Fier
So far the thing sounds great, but it's seems that maybe I'm going a little to far into the ear canal with it. By looking in a mirror should I be able to see it at all? Should I be able to see part of the ER-6 Logo? And the pain will go away right???

Aug 1, 2002 at 12:44 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

And the pain will go away right???

I'm counting on it!
eek.gif
I still want a pair...

I think you don't need to push them in as far as you are; maybe you should try playing music through them while you put them in, and then stop when they sound good (as soon as you hear bass you probably have a good seal).

Aug 1, 2002 at 1:39 AM Post #3 of 6
If you're inserting them correctly then yes, the pain will go away. It is entirely possible (at least with the ER-4x) to put them in too far, though, and then it will hurt no matter what and won't add anything to the sound. I'm sure you'll figure it out though.

Aug 1, 2002 at 3:01 AM Post #4 of 6
You know, when I hear
Quote:

And the pain will go away right???

that makes etys pretty scary. . . what you guys go through.
smily_headphones1.gif

They did sound fantastic though. . .

Aug 1, 2002 at 3:10 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

that makes etys pretty scary. . . what you guys go through.

Never had any pain with my ER4Ps, but I don't know anything about the fit of the ER6, other than the fact that it is different.

Aug 1, 2002 at 4:26 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

By looking in a mirror should I be able to see it at all? Should I be able to see part of the ER-6 Logo? And the pain will go away right???

by the sound of it you're going in too far. if you're feeling pain you should back off. i don't know if it is humanly possible to hit your eardrum with canalphones, but i'm sure you don't want to. btw, the only discomfort i've felt with my er6 is sometimes they cause a little itch, otherwise no pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back