I have me a iRiver H132 now! (Now with a Guide on Page 2!)
Dec 17, 2008 at 10:20 AM Post #31 of 50
Um, my H320 is CF modded to 32GB with a 2200mha battery, and the h340 should work just fine. Rockbox already has built in CF support anyway.

Grab a $0.01 silicone skin from Boxwave whilst you're at it
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2008 at 1:12 PM Post #32 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Um, my H320 is CF modded to 32GB with a 2200mha battery, and the h340 should work just fine. Rockbox already has built in CF support anyway.

Grab a $0.01 silicone skin from Boxwave whilst you're at it
biggrin.gif

I don't wanna spend the cash when I'm not sure what the problem is at the moment.
Even after formatting the HD the rockbox bootloader is still playing up and so is the original firmware.

Oh well, I'll keep my eye out for a 32gb card and go from there.

Dec 22, 2008 at 3:20 PM Post #33 of 50
Thank you so much for all your work Mark. I'm definitely doing this when I get the funds. May wait for a suitable 64G CF though as I tend to use FLAC files more than not.

I really don't get much life out of the existing battery... probably because I have all the settings and volume cranked up through Rockbox. Although, even before using Rockbox I noticed that the battery performance wasn't amazing. Maybe it's worth upgrading the battery in my situation?

Thanks again for the priceless walkthrough.
beyersmile.png

Dec 22, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #34 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by sparklehorse81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you so much for all your work Mark. I'm definitely doing this when I get the funds. May wait for a suitable 64G CF though as I tend to use FLAC files more than not.

I really don't get much life out of the existing battery... probably because I have all the settings and volume cranked up through Rockbox. Although, even before using Rockbox I noticed that the battery performance wasn't amazing. Maybe it's worth upgrading the battery in my situation?

Thanks again for the priceless walkthrough.
beyersmile.png

Definitely get a new battery. It's only $20 off of ebay. Make sure you get over to misticriver.net to make sure you get the right battery. The Cameron Sino battery seems to be the best.

Dec 22, 2008 at 11:30 PM Post #35 of 50
I already have a DIYModded iPod Mini 32GB. Now I am waiting for a 64GB CF to debut and most probably will mod it into my iHP-140. But also in the plan is to adapt a 1.8" ZIF IDE (80 or 120GB Toshiba) into my iHP-140 instead because I kinda want to maximize the space. The good thing is the 140 has some spacious legroom. I already have the ZIF to 1.8 IDE adapter which is quite compact and now looking for a cheap deal on iPod 80GB HDD.

Dec 23, 2008 at 11:50 AM Post #38 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I doubt 64GB cards will be cheap, but it will drop the price on 32GB cards though.

Make sure you get one with a decent write speed though.

Yeah, hopefully this HD holds out for a while. See how everything is then.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 14, 2009 at 12:27 PM Post #39 of 50
Glad to see that this guide is still helping people. I thought it would just disappear into the void...

Feb 18, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #40 of 50
Think I managed to brick my player, got stuck on flashing and doesn't respond. Oh well, it was just lying around anyways and the CF adapter cost me $5
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #41 of 50
Did you install Rockbox on the HDD before you do the mod? Beecause it doesn't work if you don't. You need the bootloader already flashed to the iRiver before you CF mod it. Also, make sure that your CF card is compatible. Not ALL CF cards work, so try another CF card and see if it works.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EoY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Think I managed to brick my player, got stuck on flashing and doesn't respond. Oh well, it was just lying around anyways and the CF adapter cost me $5
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 11:25 AM Post #42 of 50
Waited until the battery ran out for it to shut off, and now I could install without problems. Guess I was being paranoid and called the brick horror too early
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 11:56 AM Post #43 of 50
I've had that issue as well. One way I got around that is that there is a pinhole on the bottom of the player. If you poke a paper clip through it, it resets the player, so you don't need to wait for the batteries to die out.

Glad to hear that it's working for you though. Do enjoy your iRiver ^^

Feb 19, 2009 at 2:09 PM Post #44 of 50
Yeah I'm aware of that, but it didn't work - hence my belief of a totaly bricked player. Now I just need to go purchase a flash card that can hold more than 256 mb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back