I have found the perfect woman
Mar 19, 2007 at 4:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

1000+ Head-Fier
Well, she is truly gorgeous and a pleasure to talk to, but that is not the point I was trying to make. The real point is this:

Guys, SHE APPROVES OF MY AUDIO TECH TOYS!

Well, not at first. But once I got her to sit down and try out a simple setup, which is the H320 with the HD555, she was all "WHOA!" with smiles and giggles.

She used to listen to her cousin's ipod nano before then with stock earbuds, but upon hearing my decent setup ("decent" by our standards in this community, by hers it was "amazing"), she turned into a true music lover.

It's a good thing I have a spare H320 and a pair of MS1's at home since she asked me if she could "borrow" the setup I showed her. Let's see how long this "borrow" she speaks of turns out to last.
icon10.gif

Guys, we have SUCCESS!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 19, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #6 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
She'll love everything you do in the honeymoon period, give it 6 months and if you still spent more on headphones than buying her handbags then we'll see if she's a keeper
tongue.gif

Oh man, don't jinx me now... hahaha

Mar 19, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #7 of 37
Sooo young.... SOOO innocent!!! SOOO in young Love!!

LOL I think we've all been there before
icon10.gif

There is no such thing as the "perfect woman". Plain and simple, they all have "something" that will irk you. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow... but it WILL surface. And how you two handle it will heavily shape your future together.

You are still on the honeymoon. Give it time, scale up your gear to an MPX Slam and GS1000.. add an HD650 to the mix. Tell her you are getting a .95 karat diamond instead of a 1.25 karat... I think you'll discover a new level of perfection
icon10.gif

Not to rain on your parade too much
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
... Go out and have fun together. Bond around headphone music listening and enjoy the times you have. Enjoy the honeymoon.... they go by so fast.

edit... LOL... its not a jinx. thats just how women are.
icon10.gif
That just how people are. man or woman.

Mar 19, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #8 of 37
congrats! although the significant other award still goes to the girlfriend who built her head-fi boyfriend a Millet Headphone Amp. no joke, do a search here! she even posted to say hello!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #10 of 37
I'm very well aware of there not being a thing as "the perfect woman." And I've told her that. Well, my exact words have been: you aren't perfect, I know that, but you are perfect FOR me. Blind love is infatuation, nothing more, really.
A love that can see the faults and love nonetheless is true love.

But whatever, I am not going to share any more lines that have earned me major points with her. HAHAHAHA

I'm sure you guys have your own anyway.
icon10.gif

Mar 19, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #12 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd turn gay to listen to Jahn's setup on a daily basis, but too bad I doubt he's interested.
redface.gif

well i'll let your anime avatar listen to my anime avatar's HP1000s, how's that?
wink.gif

Mar 19, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #14 of 37
This thread is worthless w/o pics.
tongue.gif

Mar 19, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #15 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
congrats! although the significant other award still goes to the girlfriend who built her head-fi boyfriend a Millet Headphone Amp. no joke, do a search here! she even posted to say hello!
smily_headphones1.gif

wow... i'm speechless...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back