I have crossed the threshold.....
Jun 17, 2002 at 2:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

FlurkingShnit

100+ Head-Fier
....and have purchased a home use headphone system.

After it was all said and done I ended up with: a Wheatfield HA-1 headphone amp, some Outlaw PCA interconnects, and I will still be using my Etys as headphones with this system.

I chose the Wheatfield because it seemed like the best balance between solid state and tubes. I hope I presumed right. I'll find out in a couple of days I guess.

I did do one bonehead thing however: I must have hit the buy button or something too many times because when I went to check my order history it had me down for THREE Wheatfield HA-1's! Yikes! Headroom's phone mailbox is full, both for the US and for the international number so I immediately shot off emails to both Todd and Samantha Fry the customer service rep detailing my problem. I left my phone contact numbers with them too. I only hope that this order mistake on my part gets resolved soon. I'm going to call Headroom first thing in the morning tomorrow to resolve this problem if they don't get back to me sooner. Fortunately it's a Sunday and the orders have not shipped yet. God, first it was ordering the wrong Markertek cable and now this. I seem to have weird luck ordering headphone related gear.

Anyone else have any experience with the sound of Etys paired with a Wheatfield HA-1 or just experience with the Wheatfield itself? I started a thread asking this earlier but no one replied unfortunately.
frown.gif

Well wish me luck and thanks for taking the time to read this. It's been a long time since I've posted.

Jun 17, 2002 at 2:31 AM Post #2 of 5
Because I don't want this thread to go completely ignored like my last one......<bump>

Jun 17, 2002 at 2:39 AM Post #4 of 5
I didn't care for either of the Wheatfield amps at the HeadRoom tour stop but I didn't try plugging my Etymotic into them. Not my thing, I imagine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back