I have bad luck with headphones (breaking)
May 17, 2008 at 10:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ropeadope

100+ Head-Fier
Hope this is the right forum.

I have bad luck with headphones breaking.

First my HD-555s left earphone broke off about 8-9 months ago, kept em' taped up every since but tape isn't holding them together anymore. Picture of the broken part - PS All the pics are going to be pretty big to show detail. Tried to use gorilla glue a long time ago but it didn't hold, so some of the dried up glue is still in there. Still have these and would like to use them as a secondary pair, but not sure how to fix them.

Then I got some brand new AKG-K701s 7-8 months ago, and the driver on the right side died after about 4 months. AKG support was no where to be found. I don't have these phones anymore, just wanted to mention them to show all the bad luck i've had so far
tongue.gif

Most recently I got some brand new Denon AH-D2000s. Had these for a couple months, and guess what? They broke. More specifically the right earphone got detached so far. Nothing wrong with the sound luckily. They just came off out of nowhere, been really gentle with these (same with all the other headphones i've had). So, it came apart and I don't know how to put it back together. Looks like it just screws in but it's not fitting right. There's a little washer on there as well, I'm not sure where it came from exactly, everything just came apart at once. Pics: pic1 Pic 2.

Argh! It's as if I was dropping these headphones every other day but that's not the case at all. Never dropped them or moved them harshly. The HD-555s are really old so it wasn't too surprising when they finally cracked, but the last couple of headphones have broken down way too early. Since I got the D2000s from buy.com I don't think Denon will honor the warranty. Crud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back