I have a rant (could be about anything) thread!
May 25, 2013 at 10:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

RUMAY408

Headphoneus Supremus
Just post a rant about anything.

Heres my rant:  I run into the local Walmart to pick up some brew and sundries and go to  checkout.  I get hit with the "would you like to donate (could be any charity) a $1."  "No" I say, "I gave at the office," and this charity we actually did donate four figures to.  So no I'm not feeling guilty, but heres the issue, Walmart collects serious Jack from their customers then turns around and takes the corporate tax deduction in the name of Walmart.

Further there is a term for this "embedding,"  they create positive feelings for the corporation as a charity giver in the community.  Some corporations have penalties for the employees that don't meet the "quota." I feel bad for the clerks who are told to do this and frankly I'm tired of being guilted and harassed.  

I feel better now thank you.

May 26, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #3 of 8
I freaking hate cork stoppers on my scotch, because eventually, you'll get a bottle with a deteriorated cork, and that just ruins the experience. I've gotten two bad bottles already the past year.

I wish they'd all use screw tops instead, but just like the marketing and placebo in Audio, cork stoppers are nothing more than marketing tricks to add a little "class" to the presentation of the bottle.

May 26, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #5 of 8
Originally Posted by DefQon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What scotch u like to drank deadly?

I tend to gravitate towards Islay's peaty whiskies nowadays, so stuff like Laphroiag, Lagavulin and Ardbeg are up my alley.

I do like an old fashioned sherry matured whiskey too, I've got a bottle of GlenDronach 15yo Revival coming in, should be pretty enjoyable as I really liked the Sherry oak 18yo Macallan I had a few months ago.

May 26, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #6 of 8
Have nay heard any of those Scotch/Whiskey (probably seen at BWS or so once in a while). I tend to get pissed on anything that get's me drunk, but I like raspberry flavoured home brew rakija and filtered vodka. I don't drink much no more nowadays. The last time I got drunk I ended up in another State outside some randoms house. Nay remembered how it happened.

May 26, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

I tend to gravitate towards Islay's peaty whiskies nowadays, so stuff like Laphroiag, Lagavulin and Ardbeg are up my alley.

I do like an old fashioned sherry matured whiskey too, I've got a bottle of GlenDronach 15yo Revival coming in, should be pretty enjoyable as I really liked the Sherry oak 18yo Macallan I had a few months ago.

Tried the GlenDronach, 12, 15 and 18. Could use abit more work IMO

May 26, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #8 of 8
Drano is good for cleaning out the system from the esophagus down with greater and lasting benefits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back