I have a good soundbar at home, does this mean open headphones are not worth it?
Apr 24, 2014 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Alex--o

Head-Fier
I have a great yamaha sound bar for watching movies and TV, is it worth getting a pair of open Sennhiesers?

I know that these are both popular options for home entertainment, but which one is better?

Apr 25, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #2 of 3
The headphones will give you a more immersive experience while giving you somewhat of an impression of listening to good speakers. Some open headphones ( I'm thinking mostly AKGs) while good may be a bit anemic in the low end for action movies and whatnot. I've got a decent home theater setup but still love my headphones for the immersive experience.

Headphones better? Meh, just different. A decent soundbar and a sub gives a different experience which I find equally enjoyable

Apr 25, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #3 of 3
If you can find a Sennheiser IS850, go for it. It's the wireless version of the HD580/HD600 and it's just amazing, completely lossless quality. Originally released for $1300, but you can probably get it cheaper than that online. They're fairly rare.. would be more than sufficient for music and obviously TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back