I have $300 for a new pair of headphones with style and bass
Jun 24, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #16 of 25
I tried Solo on a Cowon J3, since I had access to the 3.5mm jack. How to describe the sound? Overly emphasized bass, and it's not even good, muddy and slow, everything else sounded distant, drowned in the quagmire of slow sticky bass. In a way, $30 'phones are better.

Jun 25, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #18 of 25
I listened to my friends beats pro. They suck. They have hard hitting bass. Not good bass just hard hitting. It is muddy and not clear at all

Two things.

1) You are aware that they have lots of other models, correct?

2) Are you sure it's not just that you hate bassy headphones?

Actually I don't care. Idiotic Beats-bashing is so cliche on this forum it's infuriating. Wah wah they're style only they sound like Wal-mart earbuds etc etc etc. Give it a rest. 

Jun 25, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #19 of 25
V-Moda M-100's Cant go wrong with them if you want style, durable, portable and great sound.

Give us an update when you have your M100's, kinda interested what custom shields you had made.

Thanks

Jun 25, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #20 of 25

Two things.

Actually I don't care. Idiotic Beats-bashing is so cliche on this forum it's infuriating. Wah wah they're style only they sound like Wal-mart earbuds etc etc etc. Give it a rest. 

I'll disagree with the guy you quoted about the lack of clarity, the Pro that I auditioned in Chicago did have some midrange clarity, but also some sibilance to the vocals and treble.  It was muddy though and not well controlled (better than I expected though).  Bassy headphones aren't bad if they are done properly.  The M-100 and Perfect Sound Dido (which have gotten mixed reviews for their bass) both sounded great to my ears.  I still use both. 

With that said, for the OP, I'd say to go with the M-100...  You really can't go wrong with it.  The LP-2 is a little bassier and meatier as well.  They don't sound bad either. If you want something dark, the Marshall Monitor may also work for you. 

Jun 26, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #21 of 25

Two things.

Oh I can tell you that I hate anemic sound, I dislike 'phones without bass, so I'm pretty much a basshead. Even that, the models I tried sounded bad.

People have reasons to bash Beats.

Jun 26, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #23 of 25
I didn't end up getting the custom shields but they arrived and sound great. They are about as clear as my beyerdynamic dt 990's which are an open headphone. The bass is strong but doesn't ruin the miss or highs. I do need to order the extra large ear pads for comfort though

Jun 26, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #24 of 25
I didn't end up getting the custom shields but they arrived and sound great. They are about as clear as my beyerdynamic dt 990's which are an open headphone. The bass is strong but doesn't ruin the miss or highs. I do need to order the extra large ear pads for comfort though

Good on you mate!

Which colour did you get?

Jun 26, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #25 of 25
Yup, style is subjective.  To me over ears look kinda tacky.  I see people wearing them, they just look rediculous to me walking around when there are buds or in-ears now.  I personally think iems with shure like styles or CIEMs look pretty stylish portable wise.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back