I have 2 question about the AD700's
Mar 30, 2009 at 1:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

DaBones

New Head-Fier
My first question is I have heard that the AD700's have a much thinner padding then the 700's, and some people have issues with their ears touching the drivers. My ears stick out alot, and even with the 700's and their thick padding my ears touch the drivers, so would I have major issues with the AD700's? The one issue I do have with my 700's is the total isolation. I want to be able to enjoy my music, and games, but still be able to hear the phone ring, or someone calling my name if they need me. So I wonder how much easier is it for me to hear outsound noises with the AD700's?

Mar 30, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #2 of 6
You can hear EVERYTHING with the AD700s. Completely Open Air.

Mar 30, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #3 of 6
how would you rate the pads on the AD700's? Like I said I have ears that stick out pretty far, and the A700's I have have a pretty thick, firm pad, but still my ear touches the driver, it isn't uncomfortable as it just barely touches. I have seen a few pictures of the AD700's and the pads look very thin, and soft, and I guess some people have had issues with their ears hitting the driver, and hurting, so what is your take on the padding for the AD series of phones?

Mar 30, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #4 of 6
I have medium/large ears and my ears very lightly touch the felt that covers the driver grill.

They're not quite as open sounding as Grados, which are like having absolutely nothing on your ear at all. But you'll be able to hear the phone ring or someone call your name or knock on your door, provided the music itself doesn't drown it out.

Mar 30, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #5 of 6
I too have big ears and would say that depending on how I have the phones adjusted, my ears sometimes just lightly brush the fabric covering the drivers. It hasn't bothered me though. The pads are actually quite thick and very comfortable. The ad700s are good for both big ears and big heads--and yes, there's no isolation since they are about as open as they can be.

Mar 30, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #6 of 6
Agree with all of the above. My ears rest against the drivers, but have worn them for two hours no problem. You can hear outside noises with them on, like people calling your name, definitely the phone ringing (unless you crank them on occasion) Great cans that you shouldn't hesitate pulling the trigger for purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back