Nov 22, 2009 at 3:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

RichieLitt

100+ Head-Fier
Over 1 month until I can get a new rig, it feels oh so far away
frown.gif

Nov 22, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by userlander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why wait for artificial timelines? Get what you want now.
smily_headphones1.gif

It's gonna be a gift from my parents. I'm 18 and have probably around 1k in the bank, but they don't want me "wasting" it.

Nov 22, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieLitt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's gonna be a gift from my parents. I'm 18 and have probably around 1k in the bank, but they don't want me "wasting" it.

Oh, I see. In that case then I guess you're going to have to wait.
tongue.gif

Nov 22, 2009 at 7:11 AM Post #8 of 15
For some reason, I'm starting to think that the "e" in your name doesn't stand for "easy", now does it, estreeter!

Nov 22, 2009 at 7:42 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Life's tough. Some families lost their homes in 2009. Deal with it.

In no way did I ever compare my troubles to those people's. I realize I'm spoiled, but why are you making baseless connections?

Nov 22, 2009 at 8:25 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was made in the vein of 'get a job', but thats just a boomer thing.

. . . how do you know he doesn't have a job now? All he said is that he has money in the bank and is waiting for Christmas.

Besides, one saying they're going to get a job and actually being able to get one is two different things. The job market in the US still sucks, especially for those that are younger, inexperienced, and without a college degree. Even a fry flipping job is hard to get right now.

Nov 22, 2009 at 8:38 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Besides, saying one saying they're going to get a job and actually being able to get one is two different things. The job market in the US still sucks, especially for those that are younger, inexperienced, and without a college degree. Even a fry flipping job is hard to get right now.

All of the above adds to my contention that he should be counting his blessings. Thanks for your support.

Nov 22, 2009 at 9:08 AM Post #14 of 15
I am sure you can manage the 4 1/2 weeks wait..
smile.gif

Nov 22, 2009 at 12:15 PM Post #15 of 15
Well, nothing feels better than buying your own stuff with your own money. But however you get it doesn't matter I guess.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back