I HATE USPS
Jan 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ipodlover77

100+ Head-Fier
I know this is off topic but I have to vent!

Im getting extremely frustrated with USPS. I ordered some IEM's from Earphone Solutions on Monday morning. A few hours later, I received an email saying that they were shipped. Im sure they only printed out the label because mail wasn't moving on monday because of MLK day.

So if they printed out the label on monday and put the monitors in the post on tuesday. I should receive it on thursday at latest (Florida to Maryland is two days).

Yesterday, it got to the capitol heights sorting center at around 10am. I was hoping that it would be delivered yesterday but I had a inkling that it might not be. Packages have to go to my local PO before they reach me but i was slightly pissed off that capitol heights is only 30 minutes away, yet USPS wouldn't haul ass and tyring to get me the package on thursday like its estimated to come.

So after calming down, I was looking forward to getting the monitors today. When I checked online this morning, it JUST left the sorting facility. Seriously. What. How does it take a whole day to leave the sorting facility. Not only that, it hasn't even reached my local PO which means I won't be receiving it today.

I know CS reps see what I see via the tracking site but its extremely irritating be in the dark right now. I dont understand how the package could be so close to me yet out of my grasp. Most of my packages spend maybe 1-2 hours in the sorting facility, how on earth did the monitors end up there for 12+ hours. Not only that, why is it take 10+ hours to reach the stupid local branch, which is only 30 minutes (or 15 miles) away. 

vent over.

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #3 of 10
I love USPS. All 1st Class and Priority shipments get to me from anywhere in the country within 4 business days. FedEx and UPS can take up to 12 business days for similarly-priced service. You should try looking on the positive side of things instead of an isolated incident.

Jan 25, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #4 of 10
lol try living with Canada Post :wink:, they are more expensive and definitely slower than USPS.

Jan 25, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #6 of 10
So much noise for that.
smile.gif
  According to Earphone Solutions :

1. [size=x-small][size=x-small]STANDARD via US MAIL - $6.95 or FREE on orders over $98 -> 5-9 days (AE and APO may take longer)[/size][/size]

2. [size=x-small][size=x-small]RUSH via Priority Mail - $7.95 -> 3-5 days (includes AE, APO)[/size][/size]

3. [size=x-small][size=x-small]FEDEX 2 DAY - $14.00 -> 2 business days[/size][/size]

4. [size=x-small][size=x-small]FEDEX OVERNIGHT - $29.00 -> 1 business day[/size][/size]

Jan 25, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #7 of 10
It took them a day to leave the sorting facility because, believe it or not, your package isnt the only thing being delivered to your area. The sorting facility is there to sort all the mail going to a specific PO in one truck, that way they can be more efficient about it. They had to unload your mail, get it into the lines, and then wait for your package, as well as the thousands of other pieces of mail going to your PO to be sorted and then loaded. 

Jan 26, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
lol try living with Canada Post
wink.gif
, they are more expensive and definitely slower than USPS.

Too true. I've had times when things I purchased from Toronto took over 2 weeks to get here!

Just recently, I had to pay a hefty 57 dollar fine to get my CIEMs when it got here, which took 11 days to arrive. Yeesh.

Jan 26, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #9 of 10
I do not like USPS either..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back