I hate this place...
Mar 6, 2008 at 3:40 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't get much help from this place at all. Someone here suggested I go the IEM route, so I googled, did the research and bought the Etymotic ER6i. I was going to get the Altec Lansing 716, but I read the Etymotic offered better fitting and plus it is being sold directly from Amazon.com

Ummm - wow.....

You have had 34 posts to your search for a first pair of IEM's in about 10 days time - not too bad really. There have been no negative comments posted, bad remarks, etc. either. I am sorry that you feel the rest of us did not come to your assistance quickly enough or provide an instant "magic" solution either.

You should keep in mind that none of us are paid to spend time on head-fi.org. We all have "day" (or night) jobs so we can pay the bills and for the gear we all have in our collection. We have families, responsibilities and other commitments too. (We even like to spend time listening to music).

Most people on these forums have a common love of music and the ability to listen to it in its purest form. They post to share what they know, learn from others and pass the knowledge on to those just discovering the world of listening beyond OEM....

I have NEVER encountered a situation where a post I made went unanswered, but sometimes it takes a little while to get a response. I can count DOZENS of times I have posted questions, queries, pleading for help on other forums and waited days or even weeks to get an answer (if at all).

My advise to you would be to "chill out" a little - don't get a reputation for a bad attitude this early in the game - you haven't even begun to scratch the surface of what audio is all about.

Look forward to hearing how Ety's work out for you.....
cool.gif

Mar 6, 2008 at 4:39 AM Post #17 of 21
Wow! Thanks for all the great tips you guys. I'm beginning to feel that if I really love music, then I shouldn't get too attached to my paychecks. I don't think I've seen a cure for upgraditis on any medical journals or websites. Is it really that deadly?

Back to my music I go....

Mar 6, 2008 at 6:00 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lifter59 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ummm - wow.....

You have had 34 posts to your search for a first pair of IEM's in about 10 days time - not too bad really. There have been no negative comments posted, bad remarks, etc. either. I am sorry that you feel the rest of us did not come to your assistance quickly enough or provide an instant "magic" solution either.

You should keep in mind that none of us are paid to spend time on head-fi.org. We all have "day" (or night) jobs so we can pay the bills and for the gear we all have in our collection. We have families, responsibilities and other commitments too. (We even like to spend time listening to music).

Most people on these forums have a common love of music and the ability to listen to it in its purest form. They post to share what they know, learn from others and pass the knowledge on to those just discovering the world of listening beyond OEM....

I have NEVER encountered a situation where a post I made went unanswered, but sometimes it takes a little while to get a response. I can count DOZENS of times I have posted questions, queries, pleading for help on other forums and waited days or even weeks to get an answer (if at all).

My advise to you would be to "chill out" a little - don't get a reputation for a bad attitude this early in the game - you haven't even begun to scratch the surface of what audio is all about.

Look forward to hearing how Ety's work out for you.....
cool.gif

I understand I might be coming out on the offensive, but yeah I'm kind of going at that angle

I know how forums work; I've registered to a few before. There was barely anything posted in my thread when I asked for help when this is like the biggest audio forum on the net. Of course there is no "instant magic", I mean look at how many days I've been waiting. All I needed were maybe a few recommendations from the posters here; I guarantee there is at least one guy here who knows his IEMs but hey that guy never showed up...

I know people have commitments and what not but I waited for more than a week with no replies, when again this is one of the largest audio forums on the net...

Of course I'll share what I know. Had people shared what they knew I wouldn't have been so pissed..

I usually register to forums to get help; this is the first time I barely got any help on a forum... my thread kept getting buried and I waited days for opinions, but I got nothing even after over 900 views. I'm just a little aggravated but yeah I guess that's what happens sometimes.

But yeah man I can't wait to try the Ety's myself. It seems to have everything I want so hopefully all is good.

Mar 6, 2008 at 6:05 AM Post #19 of 21
I used to have an iPod and some cheap sony's. Now, I've got a brand new '07 MicroStack a pair of Shure SE530s amonst other, and a Tomahawk on order, not to mention, I'll probably buy an ALO cryo dock since apparently regular cables don't cut it....sigh...

Mar 6, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #20 of 21
I feel sorry for you, for hating this place.
frown.gif

Cause I love it. Especially all the friendly and knowledgeable people hanging around here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back