I hate the sens
May 22, 2007 at 11:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

forsberg

500+ Head-Fier
Sorry but I cant be cheering for them as "Canada`s Team" when I bleed blue and white.

I cheered for the Flames, then the Oilers, but I hope the Wings or Ducks take the CUP this year

Just had to get that off my chest, as i read all those articles about how canada is behind the sens. Obviously Canada does not include die hard leaf fans

Toronto Maple Leafs: Stanley Cup winners 2008!

May 22, 2007 at 1:22 PM Post #3 of 20
Here's a guarantee, or as close to one as you can get next to death and taxes. The Leafs will never win the Stanley Cup as long as the Teachers' Pension Plan holds majority ownership of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment. Chances are I will not be alive to see the Leafs hoist another Cup.

May 22, 2007 at 1:27 PM Post #4 of 20
I got to hoist (and kiss the filthy thing) the cup back when Detroit won a few years ago (Sean Avery (I know, I know) is from my hometown)...

...does that make me better than the Leafs?

May 22, 2007 at 3:01 PM Post #6 of 20
Nah nah, just want to see them win it because they deserve it. Only when our rival teams begin to boast more than the Leafs will we be ready to win a cup.

Gonna take a whole lot of boasting, since The Leafs seem to think they're God's gift to hockey.

May 22, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #7 of 20
Sorry to rain on your parade, but Go Sens!

I grew up in Ottawa following the Sens, and every post season has been a disappointment for us. This year, after all the years of disappointment, the Sens are finally going somewhere. I hope the Sens go all the way.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 23, 2007 at 2:59 AM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlorytheWiz825 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to rain on your parade, but Go Sens!

I grew up in Ottawa following the Sens, and every post season has been a disappointment for us. This year, after all the years of disappointment, the Sens are finally going somewhere. I hope the Sens go all the way.
smily_headphones1.gif

That's because the Leafs have served sens' @$$ on a platter year after year. As long as leafs face the sens in the playoffs, it is automatically over - just like how we get punked by NJ time after time.

Hey you go to waterloo? I went there too, graduated in 03. Ahhh, seems like such a long time ago!

May 23, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #10 of 20
I'll agree that TOR would serve up a win every time when they play the Sens in the playoffs, like the Devils do to the Leafs. But you gotta believe, if TOR was in the playoffs this year, they would of been knocked out by the Sens
They beat PIT-NJ-BUF thats gotta say something.

If I said VAN was my team I love, and then COL was Canadian (IE Quebec) and were the Canucks rivals, there is no way I root for them. Also, with CAL and EDM making the Stanley Cup of late, its not like were hurting that bad

May 23, 2007 at 4:10 AM Post #11 of 20
I know how you feel. A few years back when the Flames were in the Stanley Cup final, I was so very conflicted. Do you root for the Canadian team... or against your home team's sworn enemy?

Well, I guess you're not as conflicted as I was back then.
tongue.gif

For my part, though, GO SENATORS! I really want to see the Canadian team in the finals actually win this time.

May 23, 2007 at 7:26 AM Post #13 of 20
I don't see the point in wasting time arguing over something people don't even take part in themselves.

May 23, 2007 at 11:14 AM Post #14 of 20
The whole Leafs-beating-the-Sens-in-the-Playoffs thing is ancient history. The fact is, it wasn't the Leafs that beat the Sens back then: it was Ed Belfour. I believe today's Sens versus today's Leafs (if they had made the playoffs) would be a smoke show. You can try to dispute that, but I think you'd be grasping at some pretty thin arguments.

The ducks are a tough team, that's for sure. I'm stoked with the way our team is playing (particularly the d) and I'm rooting for the Sens to go all the way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back