I hate the marshmellow..funny story
Jan 21, 2009 at 3:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Chrisrod01

Head-Fier
I used to have the shute e2c but they broke so I started using the jvc marshmellow but today at the gym one of the earbuds got stuck way deep in my ear since I'm used to having a tight seal.

Ps Im typing from my new itouch and my ear is fine now got the earbid out safely LOL

Jan 21, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #4 of 14
I second the title of this thread. I too had a Marshmallow tip get stuck in my ear. Aside from it being harder than a rock, once I compressed it enough to insert it like a foam earplug(I hate those too!), on removal it was stuck. Luckily I was at home and had tweezers and a mirror near by.

I **used** to like them, until I discovered the wonderful world of silicon tips(thanks to the Skullcandy Ink'd-who ever said those were all bad!
wink.gif
). Even as awful as the Ink'd is supposed to be, the tips never come off or even fall off. Which is something I have read in reviews of them, the ear tips come off. As long as you make sure silicon tips of any kind are relatively clean and securely attached, they should be fine.

OTOH, what I noticed with the marshmallow foams is they start to degrade over time. As that happens, they get mushy and do not stay on the stem as well.

So, in summation I'd say: Steer clear of foam tips, they blow big time. If you want a cheap replacement that won't get left in your ear, look at the "JVC Air Cushion" earphones. They come with three sizes of silicon tips. Silicon tips are much, much better.

Jan 21, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickdawg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I second the title of this thread. I too had a Marshmallow tip get stuck in my ear. Aside from it being harder than a rock, once I compressed it enough to insert it like a foam earplug(I hate those too!), on removal it was stuck. Luckily I was at home and had tweezers and a mirror near by.

I **used** to like them, until I discovered the wonderful world of silicon tips(thanks to the Skullcandy Ink'd-who ever said those were all bad!
wink.gif
). Even as awful as the Ink'd is supposed to be, the tips never come off or even fall off. Which is something I have read in reviews of them, the ear tips come off. As long as you make sure silicon tips of any kind are relatively clean and securely attached, they should be fine.

OTOH, what I noticed with the marshmallow foams is they start to degrade over time. As that happens, they get mushy and do not stay on the stem as well.

So, in summation I'd say: Steer clear of foam tips, they blow big time. If you want a cheap replacement that won't get left in your ear, look at the "JVC Air Cushion" earphones. They come with three sizes of silicon tips. Silicon tips are much, much better.

Jan 22, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #9 of 14
Yea, they were OK sounding, not bad for something so cheap. But they blew chunks in comfort. They last a long time, since I don't wear them often, but if they were my everyday phones, they'd be worn out in no time. Foam tips suck. They don't appear to be washable(without trashing them) and they get a bit nasty after awhile. Plus you only get one extra pair, and it is a smaller size with the newer models
frown.gif

That's why I'd recommend the FX-66 JVC Air Cushion to the OP. They come with multiple silicon/rubber ear tips that are washable and a hell of alot more comfortable than foams.

Jan 23, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #11 of 14
I couldn't even get the stock marshmallow tips to fit inside my ears at all. I went and bought some e2c orange foamies yesterday and it fits the marshmallows fine, as long as you remove that rubber part. It's pretty comfortable and gives a good seal.

Oct 14, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #14 of 14
not sure if they where marshmellows but I've had more or less the same thing happen to me too, though they weren't in very deep so I could get them out pretty easily, though it was still a pain...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back