I hate firefox..
Aug 30, 2005 at 12:00 AM Post #16 of 39
It's not Firefox's fault, but actually the website's fault. If they refuse to use the universal standard for coding and forms, they can expect to have their sites be IE-only.

Quote:

I have never had firefox crash on me, i havent used IE in a long long time, but it's still around for 'just in case'...

No, it's still around because Microsoft demands it be there. You can't get rid of it yourself. Good luck trying, though!
tongue.gif

I use Firefox and it has not crashed once. If it crashes on you, then fix it! It's open source, and that's where this comes in handy. Since all of you having troubles with Firefox are obviously using binary builds (being on Windows, of course), it is easy to download the source yourself and compile it into a binary that fits your system exactly. Why suffer? It's an open source product for a reason! If you aren't a coder, then submit a bugzilla report and somebody could fix it in a number of days.

You should feel lucky that you have such abilities on the world's best and most powerful web browser!

Aug 30, 2005 at 12:16 AM Post #17 of 39
opera is not free and has an annoying ad on top so unless u want to then go right ahead. firefox is more funtional then our regular ie and thats what we all strived for. now that its here it just wouldnt feel right to say so and so sucks ass since its free after all

Aug 30, 2005 at 1:06 AM Post #19 of 39
Firefox is very stable on my XP pro system. Much better than IE. I use Firefox for the plugins and security reasons. But there are times that I have to use IE, unfortunately.

Aug 30, 2005 at 3:57 AM Post #20 of 39
Firefox has never crashed on me. Honestly though, the only reason I use firefox is because I hate the monopoly that is microsoft. Once I get my main system running again I may actually start running Linux on this one.

Aug 30, 2005 at 4:04 AM Post #21 of 39
Any properly set up OS is a lot less prone to crash than poorly set up ones.

I've worked on plenty of Mac's that crashed daily.
And a Linux based servers that crashed nearly every day.

Yet, my Windows 2000 workstation was chugging along just fine. And yes, it had IE on it.
wink.gif

-Ed

Aug 30, 2005 at 4:35 AM Post #22 of 39
I've rarely had Firefox crash on my XP-Pro PC, but I've had firefox.exe literally bring my system to a crawl when I had 4-5 tabs open at a time.. I've not used IE in the past 7-8 months after I discovered how great Firefox is to browse the 'net with its plugins support and tabbed browsing, but you have to admit Firefox does crash - sometimes at the most inopportunate moment.

Aug 30, 2005 at 4:59 AM Post #23 of 39
I've had Firefox crash quite a few times on my XP Pro system, but I'd never consider leaving it behind. I've put some time into setting up Adblock, and now I rarely see ads while browsing online. Last time I tried Opera there wasn't any ad blocking feature, but when and if it's added in I'll give Opera another try.

Aug 30, 2005 at 5:40 AM Post #24 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ
I spent an hour filling out crap for a job posting submital and firefox crashed before I could submit. I'm going back to old slow reliable internet explorer.

I've had Firefox crash once or twice, but I simply cannot live without tabbed browsing.

Aug 30, 2005 at 7:06 AM Post #25 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Creep
I've had Firefox crash quite a few times on my XP Pro system, but I'd never consider leaving it behind. I've put some time into setting up Adblock, and now I rarely see ads while browsing online. Last time I tried Opera there wasn't any ad blocking feature, but when and if it's added in I'll give Opera another try.

Huh? Honestly, although ATM I prefer Firefox, I get more ads/popups with it than I do with Opera. The only ads I get with Opera are the ones in the intentional ad-bar at the top in the free version.

Aug 30, 2005 at 7:58 AM Post #26 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
It's a sweet thing to have Firefox installed as a Linux user though, where nothing ever crashes
wink.gif
Truthfully, with how it was originally coded for *nix, you should be thankful it even runs.

amazingly i managed to crash 1.firefox and 2. linux (debian distro) while surfing head-fi at uni..... this was a hard crash and i had to restart

call me amazing

Aug 30, 2005 at 4:51 PM Post #28 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny12
amazingly i managed to crash 1.firefox and 2. linux (debian distro) while surfing head-fi at uni..... this was a hard crash and i had to restart

call me amazing

I've crashed my linux system several times...mostly my fault though.
I've even crashed notepad on XP hehe

I agree with the no ads in firefox thing, I never see ads anymore, AdBlocker is the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back