I hate FedEX!!
Dec 23, 2001 at 4:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

CaptBubba

Not dumb enough fora custom title...so he thought.
Ahhhh, never again will I ever order from anywhere that ships via FedEX! Their traking system is worthless. My package status went from "recieved pickup request" in Califorrnia to Atlanta without anything in between. Today it said it was on truck for delivery and it was never delivered. Its ETA is yesterday! arrrrggg. Now I have a motherboard and fan (delivered on time via UPS) , but no processor to put between them. They should have stuck to air mail and left ground to people who know what they are doing.

[/rant]

Whew, that felt good.

Dec 23, 2001 at 4:50 AM Post #2 of 14
Wow, the *exact* opposite is happening to me right now. I think it's just luck of the draw really. At least FedEx is better than the USPS *most* of the time.

Dec 23, 2001 at 8:01 AM Post #3 of 14
Fedex bought out a different ground shipping company, and I have heard there have been some problems. I got my new monitor recently shipped by UPS and they dropped something very heavy on it, so it went back and I got another which was shipped fedex ground and it arrived just fine.

Dec 23, 2001 at 2:34 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by CaptBubba
Ahhhh, never again will I ever order from anywhere that ships via FedEX! Their traking system is worthless. My package status went from "recieved pickup request" in Califorrnia to Atlanta without anything in between. Today it said it was on truck for delivery and it was never delivered. Its ETA is yesterday!... Now I have a motherboard and fan (delivered on time via UPS) , but no processor to put between them.

Well, your package didn't arrive yesterday because FedEx (and UPS) charge the original seller EXTRA money for those delivery services to make Saturday deliveries. In fact, if you send packages through FedEx (Priority Overnight or 2nd Day) or UPS (Next Day) and expect them to deliver on Saturday, you WILL have to pay extra (as much as $10 to $20 extra per package). (Sorry, neither FedEx Ground nor UPS Ground delivers on Saturdays at all.)

Thus, your package will arrive tomorrow (Monday, Christmas Eve).

Dec 23, 2001 at 3:23 PM Post #5 of 14
Yes, but they were supposed to be delivered on friday
smily_headphones1.gif
. The thing is that they were put on the truck for delevery yesterday, but not delivered.

Dec 23, 2001 at 4:15 PM Post #6 of 14
I ordered some Wharfedale Flatpanel speakers (for University, discrete and very cheap on sale) from Richer Sounds here in England on Wednesday and the courier (Omega I think) delivered them on a saturday afternoon - yesterday. All for £8.95, very good I think and the package arrive in perfect condition.

Dec 23, 2001 at 9:04 PM Post #8 of 14
You should understand at this time of year the delivery companies are getting completely hammered with work. Also, people should have their packages held at the station. You could go get it there and it wouldnt be bouncing around on a truck.

I applaud all the delivery companies for working their ass off during the holidays. Merry Christmas!

Dec 23, 2001 at 9:54 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by Nezer
Wow, the *exact* opposite is happening to me right now. I think it's just luck of the draw really. At least FedEx is better than the USPS *most* of the time.

DOWN with USPS. My god.. Be happy your package is late, and your $500 laptop didnt get sent to the wrong distribution center, opened, then stolen by workers, instead of being sent BACK to the proper location. I strongly encourage everyone that reads this to boycott USPS.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Dec 24, 2001 at 12:27 AM Post #12 of 14
Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground! Avoid Fedex Ground!

Speaker damaged. Return shipment lost. Claim denied.

Only after a month of massive harassment did they agree to cut a check for the INSURED AMOUNT. I have yet to see it.

Avoid Fedex Ground. They are the worst of them all. Fact.

Dec 24, 2001 at 3:01 AM Post #13 of 14
FedEx ground is very bad. It took five days to get from New York to Detroit. Tracking is horrendously inaccurate. Just spend the extra dough and get yourself 2nd day air.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back