I hate ebay scams.
Jun 6, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eldirial /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did report the scam. Now I just have to get them to place the camera back in - since it's so expensive, the fee just to list it is 5 or 10 bucks, and that's a few notebooks!

The exact same thing happened to me when I was trying to sell a camera on E-bay. It was an account that was just opened for a day, so that they could "buy now" my camera. Then they sent me a fake paypal with a shipping address in Nigeria. So I reported the fraud to paypal. I also noticed that E-bay can automatically credit your relisting fees if your original buyer is no longer a member. The only thing that sucked was that mine was an expensive camera....so I still had to pay quite a bit for the "winning" fees
mad.gif

Jun 6, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The exact same thing happened to me when I was trying to sell a camera on E-bay. It was an account that was just opened for a day, so that they could "buy now" my camera. Then they sent me a fake paypal with a shipping address in Nigeria. So I reported the fraud to paypal. I also noticed that E-bay can automatically credit your relisting fees if your original buyer is no longer a member. The only thing that sucked was that mine was an expensive camera....so I still had to pay quite a bit for the "winning" fees
mad.gif

Yeah, that's what is happening to me- but I am going to report it as unpaid, therefore I THINK I should get out of everything other than the couple bucks of relist...

I was REALLY hoping that the buy it now was real. I need that 800 bucks. lol.

Jun 7, 2007 at 2:15 AM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that's why i try to buy/sell all my stuff on head-fi.
smily_headphones1.gif

I considered it, but I need more posts, and I didn't want to just randomly post crap- that's not what the forum is for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back