I hate DVD's with forced previews!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 15, 2010 at 1:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

rhythmdevils

Member of the Trade: rhythmdevils audio
you know, when you can't just hit menu and get on to the movie.  I just rented the new Harry Potter and there's so many previews!  There's a 10 minute harry potter video game preview and I don't even own any game machines.  And now there's this interview thing with the actors in the movie I haven't even watched yet. 

I feel like I'm stuck in a prison cell with a big hairy man named warner brothers and he's not playing nice

May 15, 2010 at 1:52 AM Post #6 of 31
You can bypass them, by hitting the menu on most dvd remotes which takes you directly to the title screen. I don't know if there are a few exceptions. But yes, the previews are a pain in the arse.

May 15, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #7 of 31
all DVD's used to let you advance past the previews.  But there are a number of movies recently that force you to watch all the previews by disabling next track, and menu.  And they put A LOT of previews on there. 

I read that you can sometimes get to the menu with these by hitting stop twice, then play.  doesn't work on my computer though...

May 15, 2010 at 2:59 AM Post #9 of 31
I use a mac...
frown.gif

May 15, 2010 at 3:18 AM Post #10 of 31
Its worse when you go to a movie. At least you have a chance to skip them on a dvd. Its still irritating though, especially when you put them on for your kid to watch in the car. The car forces you to stop to be able to use the controls and the stupid dvd is taking its time to get to the menu so you can start it because of previews. They shouldnt be allowed on kids movies.

May 15, 2010 at 3:59 AM Post #11 of 31

Quote:
Its worse when you go to a movie. At least you have a chance to skip them on a dvd. Its still irritating though, especially when you put them on for your kid to watch in the car. The car forces you to stop to be able to use the controls and the stupid dvd is taking its time to get to the menu so you can start it because of previews. They shouldnt be allowed on kids movies.

...we're talking about the DVDs where you cant skip the ads

May 15, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #12 of 31

Quote:
...we're talking about the DVDs where you cant skip the ads

I know, on a lot of kids dvds you cant skip the ads. I guess I should have mentioned that.

May 15, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #13 of 31
Silly people..
tongue_smile.gif
  You can ALWAYS skip the ads and previews on a DVD.

Simply hit "STOP" then "MENU".  Works every time, even on Disney titles (the known worst previews offender). 

May 15, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #14 of 31
ololol

May 15, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #15 of 31
Myself it's the bare bone rental discs that aggravate me. I would even gladly pay a little surcharge to get the special features. The studios are scared to death of piracy, then force you to buy or rent nothing different then can grabbed quickly via warez.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back