I HATE Blister Packaging!!!
Dec 7, 2006 at 4:33 PM Post #31 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Creep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought a knife like that, and it came in a blister pack. Those were the most ironically frustrating 3 minutes of my life.

One of the best laughs I've had in a while!!
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by sahwnfras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i saw this product on TV and it was this little thing you slide along the edge of the blister packing and it cuts it open. I wish i knew what it was called, but i cant remember it looked petty handy though

Black and Decker makes something that looks like electric scissors for packages that frustrate us like these.

Dec 7, 2006 at 5:07 PM Post #32 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're a med student, there has to be some cutting instruments in the anatomy lab.

haha, im in the histology lab, nothing here but microscopes and iodine. That being said, they really dont take kindly to it when you ruin a $20 scapel blade for your own purposes :)

Dec 7, 2006 at 5:19 PM Post #33 of 43
Scotty757 says:
Quote:

[T]hey really dont take kindly to it when you ruin a $20 scapel blade ...

Only $20.00 for a scapel blade ....

When did WalMart open a medical school.
tongue.gif

Dec 7, 2006 at 5:27 PM Post #34 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty757 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha, im in the histology lab, nothing here but microscopes and iodine. That being said, they really dont take kindly to it when you ruin a $20 scapel blade for your own purposes :)

I was thinking more along the lines of those nifty rotary bone saws you got down there. Not going to ruin one of those hacking open a plastic package.
icon10.gif

/Overkill? What's that?

Dec 9, 2006 at 3:56 PM Post #36 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just use sheet metal shears on my blister packs.

LOL, yep. I use my tin snips for blister packs. Too dangerous to use a knife. I've seen one too many accidents.

-Ed

Dec 9, 2006 at 5:25 PM Post #37 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by pds6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Scotty757 says:

Only $20.00 for a scapel blade ....

When did WalMart open a medical school.
tongue.gif

Hahaha. They're lab blades, not surgical blades! Check online, relatively decent blades can be had pretty dang cheap, especially when bought in bulk!

Dec 9, 2006 at 5:36 PM Post #38 of 43
Quote:

I was thinking more along the lines of those nifty rotary bone saws you got down there. Not going to ruin one of those hacking open a plastic package.

Well if it's anything like the 'tools' I saw on that behind the scenes medical show. I mean honestly, that surgeon might as well have been a home handyman, he was pulling shards of this guys spine out with pliers, drilling into heads with the longest drill bit I've ever seen....
blink.gif

Dont' want to think what a bone saw could do.
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2006 at 5:46 PM Post #40 of 43
Chef knife works fine for me. Or if it's really bad, a Chinese cleaver.

6947cleavers.jpg

EDIT: Of course, sk1llz is required to handle it properly so as to not destroy your item. But that's not a problem for me.

Dec 9, 2006 at 6:08 PM Post #41 of 43
Ohh, i do love henckels cutlery!

Dec 10, 2006 at 10:21 AM Post #43 of 43
Just saw the commercial for the Black & Decker Cordless Powered Scissors. Now that's an idea that should've come about earlier...Up to now, I had to rely on my Leatherman and some patience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back