I hate Australia Post
Sep 22, 2011 at 3:50 AM Post #17 of 85
I hate Australia post postage calculator - it never works.
I hate Australian politicians.
I hate that some dude over in Australian echelon is logging this post
ph34r.gif

If he isn't Google definitely is...

Sep 22, 2011 at 4:52 AM Post #20 of 85
You're a pack of dim withered windgers.
The problem is YOU,
You want something for nothing and you want it know.
Show a little backbone and patience for Christ sake.

If your purpose was to provide constructive criticism it's dismal fail.

Sep 22, 2011 at 4:54 AM Post #21 of 85
Fedex and UPS is pretty quick, usually delivers in 3 days from something in the United States.

DHL is a bit iffy in my experience, usually delivers in about 4-5 days for me, and sometimes its transferred to the Australia Post contractors to deliver.

Yeah I have heaps of experience with all 3 carriers, since I order lots of stuff for DIY, and I'm usually an impatient bugger (even if the parts just sit here unused for months at a time).

Sep 22, 2011 at 5:04 AM Post #23 of 85

Quote:
The problem is YOU,

You might be a true blue aussie with a sheepdog that wants to give the postal service a pat on the back, but we're just a bunch of kids that spend 90% of our cash-flow on our passion for audio, do you think it's fun when 20% of that goes to the postal service?

For a first world country, Australia fails in several respects and one of them is the postal service.

Sep 22, 2011 at 5:08 AM Post #24 of 85
Quote:
I want to send stuff to China... should I use UPS, FedEx... or DHL?

Hard to say really, I'd just use Australia Post, one of the express services should do you fine.

Quote:
The problem is YOU,

Agreed, they aren't that bad to be honest, but I only ever use the express services so yeah. The prices do hurt, but there's nothing we can do about it. I guess we're lucky that we don't have to pay customs for stuff less than $1K, the chaps in the UK certainly have it tough.

I remember a few days before Christmas, the Australia Post network wasn't supposed to deliver anything at all. But surprise surprise, that was when my O2's got delivered!
The delivery guy said he wanted people to have their stuff in time for Christmas, what a nice chap he was.

Sep 22, 2011 at 5:14 AM Post #25 of 85

Quote:
Hard to say really, I'd just use Australia Post, 1. one of the express services should do you fine.

Agreed, they aren't that bad to be honest, but I only ever use the express services so yeah. The prices do hurt, but there's nothing we can do about it. 2. I guess we're lucky that we don't have to pay customs for stuff less than $1K, the chaps in the UK certainly have it tough.

I remember a few days before Christmas, the Australia Post network wasn't supposed to deliver anything at all. But surprise surprise, that was when my O2's got delivered!
The delivery guy said he wanted people to have their stuff in time for Christmas, 3. what a nice chap he was.

1. Negative, it's taking tooooo long I need faster chops if I'm going to deal with China so I guess I have to locate a UPS or FedEx office oh the pain of it.........

2. TRUE I've heard about people in europe paying $XXXX extra just for buying stuff from Japan like the Audio Technicas I'm selling right now, on the original receipt he had to pay over 100 euro extra to customs!!

3. Awwwwwwwwwwwww

Sep 22, 2011 at 5:16 AM Post #26 of 85
kiteki, good post and comeback, now were sporting some fine intellect instead of a blatant rant. Gotta get back to the sheep. D:

Sep 22, 2011 at 5:22 AM Post #27 of 85
Quote:
1. Negative, it's taking tooooo long I need faster chops if I'm going to deal with China so I guess I have to locate a UPS or FedEx office oh the pain of it.........

Really? We actually have a superb reputation when it comes to EMS, it's pricey but I think it's comparable to the highway robbery that those carriers will charge.
tongue.gif

Sep 22, 2011 at 5:39 AM Post #30 of 85
Quote:
Maybe we're superb at getting it inside of China and then it slows down? The address I had to write down was four times longer than mine
confused_face.gif

I guess it's trial and error time.

tongue.gif
Good luck.

One of the biggest delays would be their customs, I could imagine that they have heaps of stuff to go through.

Our customs is quite fast (mere minutes in my experience), I sometimes wonder if our packages are being checked at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back