I had a heart attack Oct 2, 2009
Oct 11, 2009 at 1:02 PM Post #16 of 24
Glad to see you're okay and keeping your spirit high. Though taking things with a bit more precautions wouldn't hurt. You just a heart attack and that's not something to think lightly of. But by all means, keep defying death.
wink.gif

Oct 11, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey everyone,

Last Friday I had a heart attack. A fairly large one apparently. I'm 40 years old. Family history dictates I'm right on target as both my father and his father had their first at 35 and 40 respectively. I say first as they've each had at least 4. They're now 65 and 87. Of course my dietary habits, type 'A' personality, and stressed-out nature contributed I'm certain. I also had my suspicions this was coming as I've had signs that I ignored months before it finally happened.

... snip

Glad you're OK.

If you don;t mind me asking, what sort of signs had you been ignoring?

Oct 11, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad you're OK.

Hi, I was having chest painst that I thought was indigestion. I was getting tired easily.

Oct 11, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad you're OK.

Hi, I was having chest pains that I thought was indigestion. I was getting tired easily.

Oct 11, 2009 at 3:47 PM Post #21 of 24
Are there any risks you can modify?,
Obesity, smoking, high cholesterol, sedentary status, diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea.
All these factors can be modified and treated. If you have any of them, do the best you can to keep them well controlled and you will greatly diminish your risk of further damage.
Best of luck to you.

Oct 11, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #22 of 24
Sometimes it is not all about you. Step back and think about your friends and family and how they will suffer if you are gone. Take some time off relax and reflect on your life and take the steps to get healthy. You obviously have some decisions to make and I hope you think more about your health than how you appear to others.

Oct 11, 2009 at 7:47 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ross I am glad you are doing fine but do take some time off. If nothing else to look at the pretty women walking by as you sit on a beach front cafe.

Do they even have beaches in Philly
wink.gif
? Regardless, I agree with the principle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back