I got this package.. [modem killer]
Jun 26, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #16 of 34
Yes, $999 before they were discontinued. I think that a pair in this condition could fetch up to $1600, with a bit of luck. So, my bargain meter went high when I saw them.

Jun 26, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #18 of 34
wow im fairly certain i hate a lot of people on head fi right now. jealousy runs high these days but i think hatred is a more common emotion.

enjoy the k1ks dood. they sounded mighty nice when i last heard them. $330 though...thats insane. i want to say pics or didnt happen but that would be rude. enjoy the cans. hope you like em.

Jun 26, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #20 of 34
Congrats and welcome to club K1K
biggrin.gif

Jun 26, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #21 of 34
Wow.. that is just plain awesome! I hope you enjoy them.

The last good deal I got on gear was a Pioneer PD-91 for $15. Granted, I had to fix it (free), but it plays beautifully now.

Jun 26, 2008 at 7:46 PM Post #22 of 34
OLiT scores! Big Time. Well done and enjoy

Jun 26, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #23 of 34
That's an incredible deal. Enjoy them!

Jun 26, 2008 at 9:47 PM Post #24 of 34
haet thread haet thread haet thread

Jun 26, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #25 of 34
Inte dåligt! Grattis!

Funny how I looked at the pics before I read the text in the beginning of the thread and when I saw the price you payed in the end I thought it might have been in Sweden. Things like that go unnoticed by here while it would be detected immediatly across the ocean... I've seen old Grados like the original 325 and the SR40 in stores not long ago. I even bought a Beyer DT531 new in box in a store that still stocked them.

Jun 26, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #26 of 34
Tack! Det var faktiskt i samma stad som du bor som de fanns, det var Musikbörsen som hade ett par över.
smily_headphones1.gif

(I told Deftoned that they are from the same town where he lives).

I'm not sure if there's any need to actually prove that I got them for 2000 sek, even though I could take a picture of the reciept if you really want me to.

I did discover that one of the locking mechanisms for the speaker swivel is a bit hard to move, but I'm thinking that I can put a drop of lubricant in the joint. It's probably some stuff that has been stuck there for a few years.

Haven't quite had the time to test them yet, didn't want to fiddle too much with them, but I think I'll give it a try now. I hope I don't blow them away with my mono blocks, better keep the volume low to start with
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 26, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #27 of 34
Ok, hooking the phones up to my Denon mono blocks turned out to be pretty hard. The wire was from the pig tail was simply too thin, and the terminals couldn't get a grip. Shame I had to cut the pigtail open a bit to get the wires to spread enough for them to reach between the amps. Only cosmetic though, no big deal.
I had to plug in an old Fisher amplifier (although a pretty nice one) to get the K1K:s singing.

Now they do, and it sounds really cool.

I listened to my HSC-271:s (K271 headset) a few minutes ago, talk about a different soundstage!

Need to keep listening
biggrin.gif

edit: As it turns out, the Fisher amp need to have its pots cleaned, one channel kept fading out a bit only to come back with a slight wiggle on the volume knob. But, as I can't let anything stop me, I stripped about a centimeter of the pigtail on the amp end, folded it double and voila, it fit the poweramps. Wohoo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back