I got them!
May 13, 2013 at 10:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

archercat

100+ Head-Fier
I received my 3a's!  The shipping was really (really) fast after I got the confirmation, thanks Heir!

They look great... I saw in the picture they seemed a bit darker than the smoke, but thought it was maybe the camera, but they are indeed solid black.  However, they look great, I think I like this better.  It's the basic design, nothing fancy.  I did get the logo, and one is ever so slightly off center, you can't really tell in the pic... BUT they seem to fit and I can hear equal levels of bass from both ears and that's the important part right?  This was a ownership transfer and they even gave me a new cable as well!

One thing, this is my first ciem, (I've had all the Shure's and a few UE's etc..) but then I lay on my side, I can feel a bit of pain... They don't stick out at all, it just fees a bit tender when applying any pressure to them.  I've only had them for a couple days though... is this normal, and I will just "get used" to it?

Thanks again Heir Audio!

May 13, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #2 of 6
Congrats!

How long did it take after they told you they received the old CIEM's and impressions?

I have some over there as well,

I hope you are enjoying them!

...also, did you specifically ask for the etched logo? Or did you simply ask for a logo and they arrived etched.

May 13, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
Congrats!

How long did it take after they told you they received the old CIEM's and impressions?

I have some over there as well,

I hope you are enjoying them!

...also, did you specifically ask for the etched logo? Or did you simply ask for a logo and they arrived etched.

I actually had to email them and they told me they had them... I sent the impressions in (middle) Feb to CA and just got them a couple days ago.  As far as the logo, I just indicated that I wanted the free logo on the order sheet.  Hope you get yours soon!

May 13, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #4 of 6
Cool,

Did you order black? Or is that dark smoke?

If it is a solid black, they can't imbed the logo in the acrylic (I think with translucent colors, they use a foil logo - because you can see through)

I could be wrong...

May 13, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #5 of 6
It looks black to me... you can't see through any of it...  It looks really nice though.. and it shines like a polished stone.  The logo is def "etched" in there though... you can feel it with your fingernail...

May 13, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #6 of 6
Nice!

They look like a piece of polished obsidian - very cool....

...but they couldn't imbed a logo in that - hence the etch - My 4A is dark red translucent and my 8A will be clear with dark smoke caps - looking SO forward to getting them....

Enjoy the sound!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back