I got the Koss-ksc55
Dec 15, 2001 at 7:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

melancholypunk

100+ Head-Fier
After the doctor told me not to put anything else in my ear, my ex70's became useless and any buds were out of the question.

I went to the best headphone place in town (the only place that has good quality phones) and I saw the Koss 55's so I picked em up. I was a bit skeptical (even after all the praise Koss gets) because I havent used pads for years, I've always used buds or in your ear style.

These headphones sound really good, I was pretty surprised. I'm not going to attempt to explain the highs and lows ..etc, because the truth is I dont really know what I'm talking about.

However, these things are TIGHT, the back of my head feels like it has an impression of these phones and they've been off for 20 minutes. I thought they would be more comfortable then the 35's and 50's because they dont clip on to your ear (I thought the clip would hurt my ear, never thought the band would be so tight).

Since these things are so small, it would have been very clever for koss to maybe have some foam on the headband itself, so it's not the hard plastic pressing against your head. I'm gonna try them for a few more days and if they they still hurt my head I'll return them and give up, and order the 35's. Why didn't I get the 35's? Because with the exchange rate and shipping these were much cheaper (I have no complaints about the sound), now it's just a question of comfort.

Dec 15, 2001 at 7:52 PM Post #2 of 6
I'm with you melancholypunk, I picked up some 55's from the Koss website last week and while they sound very good, they're just too tiny for my overgrown nogin.
frown.gif

Dec 15, 2001 at 7:58 PM Post #3 of 6
Do you adapt to the fit?

Can someone tell me about COMFORT with the 35's and 50. I don't care about the sound because I know they all sound pretty similar, but do the others pinch your ear, are too tight .....etc

Dec 15, 2001 at 8:21 PM Post #4 of 6
the ksc 35 is the most comfortable headphone I have ever used. I forget that I have them on.
If the clips bother you, they will only do so for a week and then your ears will not even notice them.

Dec 16, 2001 at 5:32 AM Post #5 of 6
I have the KSC-50s, and the clips can be noticable, but usually are alright, and they are much more comfortable then other on ear headphones. I can wear em for a couple hours at a time if I want to, and they don't give me any trouble. I will be getting some croakies for them fairly soon so I can mod them
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 16, 2001 at 5:57 AM Post #6 of 6
My friend has a similar pair (go around the back of your head) from sony and they are SO comfortable. I dont know what make they are, I don't think they are the Street Style because they dont have that big block at the back of the headband. Why can't Koss make these that comfortable. I want the best of both worlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back