I got my stitches out today : Warning ! Graphic Proof !
Jan 12, 2006 at 10:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

wakeride74

Headphoneus Supremus
Ahhh.... well kinda. Still pretty sore but at least the stitches are not rubbing on my eyeball anymore.

Last week I had a section of my eyelid removed due to a birth mark that was on the tip of my lid and over the years had grown down a bit. Pretty painless procedure (excluding those shots in my lid... which sucked) and pretty quick (about 40 minutes). Kaiser can't be that bad right...
tongue.gif

ok ok here's the pic

eye.jpg

Jan 12, 2006 at 10:23 PM Post #2 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
Ahhh.... well kinda. Still pretty sore but at least the stitches are not rubbing on my eyeball anymore.

Last week I had a section of my eyelid removed due to a birth mark that was on the tip of my lid and over the years had grown down a bit. Pretty painless procedure (excluding those shots in my lid... which sucked) and pretty quick (about 40 minutes). Kaiser can't be that bad right...
tongue.gif

ok ok here's the pic

eye.jpg

Stitches... eyeballs...... where's that "phobia" thread ??

Seriously, glad it'a all over for you bro'...
tongue.gif

Jan 12, 2006 at 10:33 PM Post #3 of 26
I am sorry, but can a mod add a warning to the title that there are pics.... i dont mind it, but i bet some people will be

Jan 12, 2006 at 10:37 PM Post #6 of 26
Thanks for the kind words all, Team Redneck is alive and well
biggrin.gif
It was a pretty minor thing but what a sensitive area. It did suck trying to play Xbox with one eye afterwards but the Vicodin made me feel better about that
wink.gif

I didn't think the pic was graphic... far less than the 6 o'clock news anyways but if the mods see the need go right ahead.

Quote:

you sure it was painless? looks a bit painful to me. you should post another picture when it's all healed up

The procedure did not hurt at all but I was pretty sore for about 3-4 days after. I'll post another pic in a week and it should look almost normal by then.

Jan 13, 2006 at 12:12 AM Post #10 of 26
Quote:

I am sorry, but can a mod add a warning to the title that there are pics.... i dont mind it, but i bet some people will be

Gotta agree.while it did not bother me it came as kind of a mini shock since i was not ready for it.

Speedy recovery man but think of the good side....at least you did not have your ears cut off or your headphones would fall off your head there being nothing to stop them from sliding off
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 13, 2006 at 2:56 AM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
Gotta agree.while it did not bother me it came as kind of a mini shock since i was not ready for it.

Speedy recovery man but think of the good side....at least you did not have your ears cut off or your headphones would fall off your head there being nothing to stop them from sliding off
very_evil_smiley.gif

Yes the plus side was that I probably spent about 6 hours 2 or 3 days in a row listening to PS-1->Slam combo and keeping both my eyes shut. It sure does make you focus and hear the music to the full that way.

warubozu - thanks, had to get it done before I head your way next month my friend
icon10.gif

Jan 13, 2006 at 1:15 PM Post #15 of 26
I am glad to hear you are feeling well. It probably looks worst than it feels. I wish you a very speedy and painless recovery. Your eyelid appears to have some ointment on it, which might intensify the look of things just a bit.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back