I got my ksc35's today!!
Jan 21, 2002 at 7:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

melancholypunk

100+ Head-Fier
You were all so very very right!!!!

They sound amazing, they are incredibly comfortable (They've been on for about half an hour and there is no pinching, no tightness on my ear, they are very comfortable.

I can't believe I ever doubted these phones, much smaller and lighter than the 50's. I still look a bit funny, because my ears fold out a bit, but for this kind of sound quality and comfort I don't care.

I'd like to thank Rick for sending these to me free of charge, every now and then someone goes and does something so nice, that it restores my faith in humanity
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 22, 2002 at 2:30 AM Post #7 of 28
melancholypunk, do you think the KSC-35's are as comfortable as the crappo Sony Street Styles?

Jan 22, 2002 at 5:20 AM Post #11 of 28
I have the 50 and sportapros right next to me, I have to say the 35's are SO comfortable. I'm actually excited to go to school tomorrow to use these phones on the go.

The only sony street style I ever tried were my friends, they fit ok, but were loose around the ear (like the pad didnt press firmly enough) so you didn't get the OOMPH of the music, it sounded empty and bland.

The 35's are incredibly comfortable, I'm very skeptical, especially after the 50's were so dissapointing. But if you guys are looking for headphones I swear you will not be dissapointed in the 35s. They are a little tricky to put on, but I'm sure I'll master the technique in a few days.

I didn't pay anything because someone sent them to me as a gift, but no matter where you order from, if you get the sender (person or store) to mark the package as a gift, you will not have to pay any extra taxes or duties on it.

For Canadians, the best place to get them would probably be:
http://www.auctionworks.com/store/it...791&id=4233779

$50 Canadian, dunno about shipping. Head Room is also a popular place to get them, but originally for the phones that cost $29US they were charging $26 for shipping. I'm sure that's fine for people in the US (shipping will be much cheaper) but the site I listed above would probably be best if your in Canada.

My other suggestion, would be to find someone you trust in the US to get them for you (so shipping will me minimal) and then have that person mail them to you as a gift so there would be no taxes or duties.

Even after reading all the reviews I was skeptical, but believe me these headphones are fantastic, I almost want to buy a pair to keep as back up incase these break
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 22, 2002 at 5:43 AM Post #12 of 28
I once purchased, then returned the KSC50s at Best Buy (the ONLY store in my area which carries them). For some reason, clip-ons are just a bit too loose around my ears. This also takes away some of the richness of the sound, IMHO. I once considered buying the KSC30s, if only I found them at Fry's.

Jan 22, 2002 at 6:12 AM Post #13 of 28
That's what I thought at first too, the 50's were so loose I thought every clip-on would be similar.

The 35 are MUCH lighter and thinner. You put on the 50 and they bulge out and pull your ears because they are heavy. The 35 are very light and very flat, so they stay against your ear without giving off any pressure or squeezing, simply because they are so light.

Jan 22, 2002 at 11:40 AM Post #15 of 28
I tried the Auctionworks people (I live in Canada), but they were out of stock and said they were getting 15 sets in, soon, but that would be it....I simply ordered from Koss USA, for the tune of $30 plus $13 shipping. (that's about the same as paying the $50 Cdn charge plus the usual extras)

For us Canadians, the final price is about double that of the US listed amount, thanks to shipping, taxes, and customs. I have ordered LOTS of film and supplies from B&H Photo in NY, and have got used to this reaming effect; I hope there aren't any brokerage fees or other surprise costs. I hope this transaction goes well.

Anyone else ever use Koss's Website for direct ordering? Any problems?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back