I got my HD-600 today!
Feb 22, 2005 at 10:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

TURBO

1000+ Head-Fier
I just got my Hd-600 from J&R. I was expecting a pair of headphones without bass, since all reviews say that these cans don’t have bass. It's all the contrary, bass is there. Bass is tight. Brand new, I got the WAO. They sound great. Treble is little week, I think is because they are not burn in yet. If these cans will have more bass after burn in, they will be overkill. I noticed the great amount of detailed sound they produce. It sounds just great. Now my collection is complete. I am driving them from my 1212m and my Gilmore Lite. Its an overkill combination. Amazing. JUST A BIG WAO to Sennheiser. By the way, nice box too!

Feb 22, 2005 at 10:28 PM Post #2 of 36
Congrats!Enjoy!
wink.gif

Feb 22, 2005 at 10:40 PM Post #3 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimitris
Congrats!Enjoy!
wink.gif

Thanks. The only problem is that they are so nice and beautiful, that I don’t treat it like the other cans. These, are so nice that I can’t put it over any hard surface. It hurts me. I do have a pair of Grados Sr225 and a pair of Beyer DT770-80, those I don’t mind to put it over any hard surface. This is a weird feeling. Quality wise, they feel like a trophy. Is this a common feeling or you guys treat the Sehnns hd-600/ 650 without respect?
confused.gif
eggosmile.gif

Feb 22, 2005 at 10:53 PM Post #4 of 36
What does WAO mean?

Feb 23, 2005 at 1:12 AM Post #7 of 36
wait till you hear the huge soundstage on these cans....try some Beethoven symphonies...you'll hear the different instruments at their different positions...congrats!!

Feb 23, 2005 at 1:20 AM Post #9 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mouzike
wait till you hear the huge soundstage on these cans....try some Beethoven symphonies...you'll hear the different instruments at their different positions...congrats!!

YES, YES, I can hear it!. Amazing. Some people complain about the bass, but the reality is that they are very accurate headphones. These headphones doesn’t project bass where there isn’t. That’s the misperception of the missing bass. Bass songs sounds incredible tight and precise. I hear more instruments and noises that I didn’t hear before with any of my cans (DT770-80 and SR225). They sound so smooth and musical. Definitely, I can recommend the Gilmore Lite and the Hd-600 mix to anyone that want to be in nirvana stage.
lambda.gif

Feb 23, 2005 at 1:32 AM Post #11 of 36
I just got my 580 from J&R today and feel the same way as turbo. I was expecting a laid back sound but these babies are punchy and aggressive. The bass is HUGE. atm, in comparison to 555, I'd say 580 beats it in every area except vocals, I found 555 to have very magical vocals, altho 580 isnt too shabby in this area either.

Feb 23, 2005 at 1:53 AM Post #12 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by spike33
I just got my 580 from J&R today and feel the same way as turbo. I was expecting a laid back sound but these babies are punchy and aggressive. The bass is HUGE. atm, in comparison to 555, I'd say 580 beats it in every area except vocals, I found 555 to have very magical vocals, altho 580 isnt too shabby in this area either.

Congrats spike33. Looks to me that we got a good deal out of J&R, at the same time!. Cool.
I think I finally found the missing connection between my tympanic membrane, the middle ear bones, muscles, ligaments and the outside world thru these headphones.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 23, 2005 at 2:09 AM Post #13 of 36
I hope you don't mind me joining in a the HD 600 lovefest here.
icon10.gif

I've had mine about a week now (J&R deal, also) and these are awesome headphones, to say the least. In the relatively short time I've been into "high-end" headphones I've already gone through the SR 80's, HD280Pro's, ATH-A900's, and DT770 80's. I still have the SR 80's but I'm not sure for how much longer. Everything I listen to still sounds better to me through the HD 600's than anything else I've had.

The beauty of it is that they can only improve for me since my source and amp situation can be improved when the funds allow.

Feb 23, 2005 at 2:20 AM Post #14 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by setchman
I hope you don't mind me joining in a the HD 600 lovefest here.
icon10.gif

I've had mine about a week now (J&R deal, also) and these are awesome headphones, to say the least. In the relatively short time I've been into "high-end" headphones I've already gone through the SR 80's, HD280Pro's, ATH-A900's, and DT770 80's. I still have the SR 80's but I'm not sure for how much longer. Everything I listen to still sounds better to me through the HD 600's than anything else I've had.

The beauty of it is that they can only improve for me since my source and amp situation can be improved when the funds allow.

Be my guest! That's exactly what is happening to me. What is weird is that I am impressed with the HD-600 right out the box with no burn in time and I am not sure any more if I am going to use my other cans. Inside of me, I am a business man, but I have to resist this temptation to sell all my other cans. I think I will need to reset myself every day and use different ones and forget how good the hd600 sounds. I think that's the solution.

Feb 23, 2005 at 3:32 AM Post #15 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by TURBO
What is weird is that I am impressed with the HD-600 right out the box with no burn in time and I am not sure any more if I am going to use my other cans.

It's funny you mention that since that is my impression of the HD 600's, as well. All the other cans I burned in a couple hundred hours, with most showing definite improvement with time, especially the HD280 pros (no news to anyone here, I know).

The other day I tried to set up my "burn-in" rig with the HD 600's, a vintage (read: 1990) Sony D-11 PCDP set to maximum Mega Bass with a variety of CD's but because the HD 600's are so open I couldn't really set them up the way I had with the other closed cans without bothering my son at night. Anyway, I'm enjoying the HD 600's so much the way they are that I might not even bother with any formal burn-in process. We'll see, maybe I'll find a corner in the basement for my rig and let them go for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back