I got fake ES7's. I should have known better.
Mar 22, 2008 at 3:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

STONER1

Head-Fier
I ordered the ES7's from mobileblue.com. they came from china. Took about 3 weeks to get here. I requested black and they sent silver. Also on the box the part number indicates black. I knew this crap would happen. mobile blue seemed very shady neway. I knew they were fakes when i got them. They just seemed very cheap and after hearing so many good things about audio technica. o well next time I will order from amazon. crap...well here are some pics of the POS headphones.

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

sorry for the crapy pics. looks like its time to invest some research in a new camera as well.

Mar 22, 2008 at 3:09 AM Post #2 of 13
also shouldnt there be some kind of lawsuit against the manufacture of these rip-offs. seems like Audio Technica would be all over these intruders.

Mar 22, 2008 at 5:21 AM Post #4 of 13
yea the earpads are also very cheap feeling. actually one came off when i first put the headphones on. I contacted them, but who knows what they will do about it. If you check out their site you can tell tghey are very shady, they also sell rip off ipods and such which should have steered me clear in the first place.

Mar 22, 2008 at 5:29 AM Post #5 of 13
Searching for mobileblue.com seems to yield no results, the URL itself is a generic search engine.

Mar 22, 2008 at 11:07 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Searching for mobileblue.com seems to yield no results, the URL itself is a generic search engine.

same here, i can't find anything.

Mar 22, 2008 at 1:01 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by STONER1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I requested black and they sent silver.

From the pictures, it looks like you actually did receive a black pair - the 'chrome' driver housing is like that on both models. In fact, I think the counterfeiters only make black ones.

In terms of ordering from Amazon, make sure you order directly from Amazon, rather than the Marketplace. There are loads of counterfeit black ES7s - at least, in the UK Marketplace - but I haven't come across any likely counterfeit silver ones.

Mar 22, 2008 at 1:20 PM Post #10 of 13
and what about the pouch? mine is totally different! mine seems like velvet!

yes, the way you paid could yield results!...

(i wonder how they sound though...)

Mar 22, 2008 at 3:19 PM Post #13 of 13
Appears I did receive black then, I thought black would look more like a black chrome. They are def. fake the pouch is a dead givewaway with its pleather and no Audio Technica tag. I was refering to that thread to come to the conclusion that I def. got fakes everything he describes about the fakes are exactly like mine. I paid with paypal, so hopefully I can get a refund.
They sound like crap too, these def are not worthy of carrying the Audio Technica name.
I did try to steady the camera took several shots, actually when zooming in and out for a second it would come into focus then lose it again when it would auto focus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back