I got an article in 2600!
Feb 15, 2006 at 3:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Stephonovich

Headphoneus Supremus
Just what the title says
biggrin.gif

Current issue; Volume 22, #4. Winter. "Sears Portrait Insecurities - Security holes in Sears Portrait Studio" - by Stephonovich.

I wrote the article a few months ago when I first got the job, and never thought anything happened with it. No emails or anything. Then a friend informed me it got in.

Unfortunately and sadly, it isn't quite long enough for a free subscription. Really should do that. I keep just buying the issues. Expensive.

Oh, for those of you not in the know... 2600, "The Hacker Quarterly", is a magazine devoted to [in]security. First link goes to homepage, second link to Wikipedia article.

Feb 15, 2006 at 4:11 AM Post #2 of 17
congrats.

Feb 15, 2006 at 4:40 AM Post #4 of 17
Congratulations! Whenever people around here hear that I got an article published in 2600, their jaws drop.

Do they at least give you a free t-shirt?
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 15, 2006 at 4:41 AM Post #5 of 17
I have to admit the Atari 2600 flashed through my mind initially. Go GenX!
biggrin.gif

Congrats on getting published, Stephonovich. It's good to see Head-Fi'ers making good beyond the world of headphones.

Feb 15, 2006 at 5:58 AM Post #9 of 17
Congratulation!
580smile.gif
I'll pick up the issue while I'm at Borders.

Feb 15, 2006 at 6:12 AM Post #11 of 17
Excellent article, by the way. You can actually write -- as opposed to many of the authors, who seem to get by with a style that's the person child of forum posts and the middle-school essay.

Feb 15, 2006 at 7:42 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric343
Excellent article, by the way. You can actually write -- as opposed to many of the authors, who seem to get by with a style that's the person child of forum posts and the middle-school essay.

Thanks. I was just reviewing it; should have written a few things differently. IIRC, I decided to write it on a whim at around midnight.

Also, there's a few more holes that I've discovered since then. We (or anyone smart enough to figure it out) have the ability to see and change any SPS work or appointment schedule. We can either login with their studio number instead of ours (but I'm not sure if that gets tracked and/or logged), or by spoofing the URL. This is probably worse than any of the other holes combined, actually.

Feb 16, 2006 at 10:07 PM Post #13 of 17
last week i had a couple minutes before my girlfriend got off work, so i went to waldenbooks and spotted 2600...your article just happened to be the one i read. crazy...congrats, man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back