I got a new job
May 12, 2010 at 5:24 AM Post #2 of 21
Congratulations!
Food is not overrated. :)

May 12, 2010 at 6:51 AM Post #3 of 21
I know! I think it's this year is looking better and better so far. I can eat twice a day, and who knows if everything goes well, maybe I can start saving up for KFC meal on my birthday.

May 12, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #4 of 21
LOL I hear ya man! Between my wife and I we have about $100,000 a year in school fees, and not much in the way of income. I'm doing a temp job now and that makes it possible to pay the bills for a while. Big relief! Good luck man!

May 12, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #6 of 21

Quote:
LOL I hear ya man! Between my wife and I we have about $100,000 a year in school fees, and not much in the way of income. I'm doing a temp job now and that makes it possible to pay the bills for a while. Big relief! Good luck man!

Holy smokes,  I've been putting my three kids through university for the last few years.  Two are now done but at its peak I was only paying $16k per year.

May 12, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #7 of 21
I'm going to college next year and even with the maximum merit award it still costs upwards of $20000 a year. Pretty painful.

May 12, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #8 of 21
Ive paid my way, thanks to hard work at a crappy job, and family.  NO debt for me, and in my last year too.  Well, then starts my masters.  Good thing I enjoy this stuff.

May 12, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #10 of 21
Thanks guys, will try not to get fired.

Quote:

You have 100K expense in school fees alone and you can do alright by just doing temp job? You must be a man-whore, or a He-pimp.

May 12, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #11 of 21
Congrats!!! Enjoy your meal!!! Be glad that you dont have to survive on instant noodles and bananas for a year like me.

May 13, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #14 of 21
Congrats! My son just graduated with a communications degree and was intrviwed by Google....sadly that was it but he landed a job with a manufacturer that didnt have an it dept. so he gets to develop it!

May 13, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #15 of 21

Quote:
Congrats! My son just graduated with a communications degree and was intrviwed by Google....sadly that was it but he landed a job with a manufacturer that didnt have an it dept. so he gets to develop it!

Your son must have come out of quite the prestigious school for communications, at my school the communications department is filled with dumb athletes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back