I got a $30 gift card for Christmas to Best Buy.
Dec 29, 2010 at 6:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

J.Pocalypse

1000+ Head-Fier

[size=1em] Before I knew what the amount was, I was pretty excited. Turns out, it's for $30. I can't really find anything I want under $80, but let's call the ceiling, $50.[/size]

[size=1em] Ideas?[/size]

Dec 29, 2010 at 7:36 PM Post #2 of 8

Quote:

[size=1em] Before I knew what the amount was, I was pretty excited. Turns out, it's for $30. I can't really find anything I want under $80, but let's call the ceiling, $50.[/size]

[size=1em] Ideas?[/size]

I suppose that might be enough for a set of PortaPros...if not that, maybe just look for some music or videos?

Dec 29, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
Quote:

[size=1em] Ideas?[/size]

I suppose that might be enough for a set of PortaPros...if not that, maybe just look for some music or videos?

Funny you should mention the Pros.. That was the very first thing I thought of. But, after going to the store, the person behind the Customer Service counter said that they won't be receiving more in. Ever. Odd, because the Best Buy website says they ship in 7 - 10 days.

Dec 29, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[size=1em] Ideas?[/size]

Funny you should mention the Pros.. That was the very first thing I thought of. But, after going to the store, the person behind the Customer Service counter said that they won't be receiving more in. Ever. Odd, because the Best Buy website says they ship in 7 - 10 days.

IDK why they stopped selling the portpros in stores...best reason for a audiophile to be caught in bestbuy

Dec 29, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[size=1em] Ideas?[/size]

I'd be tempted to order them online for an in-store pickup, just to rub it in that employee's face.....lol.

Dec 30, 2010 at 10:02 AM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
IDK why they stopped selling the portpros in stores...best reason for a audiophile to be caught in bestbuy

I saw an HD428 in mine for around $75. I nearly wet myself in excitement, thinking for a wild instant it was an HD448. Turns out BB doesn't have any of the other HD4x8 series cans, which makes no sense to me as that's the exact consumer base who would buy them, and the exact base who needs to buy them and discover how awesome real audiophile gear is.

It's sad. Three feet from the Bose and Beats preserve, and surrounded by dozens of flashy Sonys and whatnot, in the the somber black plastic HD428 I held what was easily the best headphone in the store. The minute I saw "Sennheiser" I knew that, regardless of what it was, this would be true. Only one they had, too, and the only Senn.

As to the OP's post, I have a $50 BB card and $30 in Christmas cash. I'm kind of in the same boat, in other words.

Dec 30, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #8 of 8
I've actually owned the 428s before. I liked them quite a bit actually. Pretty decent sound for the price, extremely comfortable but I wasn't much a fan of the single sided, tiny cable. They did seem kinds flimsy too in the headband area. One other thing I didn't like was how big they looked while I had them on. I want something with a lower profile. However, if I weren't so new to this headphone thing, I'd probably pick up another pair for portable use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back