I found a 11.1v 500 mAh LiPo for Mint Tin builds
Feb 24, 2012 at 1:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Joshatdot

Headphoneus Supremus
I am thinking of getting one of these for a CMoy build .. cheep too!  (mind though, you still need a charger)

Capacity: 500mAh
Voltage: 3S1P / 3 Cell / 11.1v
Discharge: 15C Constant / 20-25C Burst
Weight: 50g (including wire, plug & shrink wrap)
Dimensions: 50x31x16mm
Balance Plug: JST-XH

ZIPPY Flightmax 500mAh 3S1P 15C - hobbyking.com

Feb 25, 2012 at 7:04 AM Post #3 of 6
I've been using a similar battery in mine for about a year with good results. Knew my RC hobby would pay off.

Apr 12, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #6 of 6
It needs to be pointed out that protection circuits are designed/intended to be a last-resort (fail-safe) in these kinds of cells.  Its safer for the applied circuit itself to have its own form of low voltage cutoff... or the user to monitor it manually and avoid discharging the cells into protection circuit cutoff.

That being said, the C of the application in the typical cmoy (for example) is going to be so low, theres  very low risk of a venting incident.

If you have a balanced hobby charger, for 5-6 bucks this is a slam dunk if you really need the space and don't need the full 18V swing from a 2S-9V arrangement.

I have used this OEM hobby charger for years and its been fine.  Sometimes I monitor charge voltage manually with my fluke, but the charger itself has never suffered from false-readings... surprisingly good for the $$$.  It also has a pretty good discharge feature too, where it approximates the amp-hour capacity of the cell at a fixed load.  I use this to capacity-match cells in pairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back