I finally got my KSC75
May 10, 2006 at 11:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

dudley doright

New Head-Fier
With all the talk in this forum about this headphone, I asked a friend of mine from Milwaukee to buy me one of these from Radio Shack. It came in today and I put it to the test.
Just to sum it up......... it is good BUT it is not as good as a PX100! The PX100 has more bass and less highs. The midrange is the same to me for both.
Nevertheless for $9.99 from Radio Shack - I think it is an excellent value compare to the Sinn.
I am going to give it more burn in and see if the sound will improve.

May 10, 2006 at 11:33 PM Post #2 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by dudley doright
With all the talk in this forum about this headphone, I asked a friend of mine from Milwaukee to buy me one of these from Radio Shack. It came in today and I put it to the test.
Just to sum it up......... it is good BUT it is not as good as a PX100! The PX100 has more bass and less highs. The midrange is the same to me for both.
Nevertheless for $9.99 from Radio Shack - I think it is an excellent value compare to the Sinn.
I am going to give it more burn in and see if the sound will improve.

The sound depends largely on the fit. Sounds like you might not have had them close enough to your ears. The farther away from your ears, the less bass and more treble the sound will have. Try to bend the clips to get a tighter fit.

Hope you enjoy them.

May 10, 2006 at 11:51 PM Post #3 of 13
I own the px-100 and just recently bought the ksc 75's and...
IMO the ksc 75's sound *slightly* better than the 100's. Bear in mind that the 100's are completely burned in (been my only phone for months) and the 75's not yet. This kinda got on my nerves though, since I paid $25 for the 100's (had a gift card) and I payed $10 for the koss and the koss sounded better under first impression. IMO the senns's didn't quite have the wide soundstage as the koss had. Instrument separation was much better on the koss than the senns, but senns had better bass. If someone asked me if they should choose one or the other I would say get the koss because they sound just as good, if not better, than the more expensive senns. I love em both though, cause they have different sounds I will be keeping both.
biggrin.gif

May 11, 2006 at 12:06 AM Post #4 of 13
The koss can be hard on the ears if using for hours and hours. You need the let the koss burn in for a couple of days for the true sound. You can also bend the ear clamps for a tighter(better sound). A new paint job will really increase the bass!
icon10.gif

May 11, 2006 at 12:31 AM Post #5 of 13
I'm burning my KSC75's in right now. These little suckers pack a wallop
biggrin.gif
Don't forget that you can do the Kramer mods (drill more holes in the grille and a hole in the foam to allow more air) and they do improve a bit with an amp.

May 11, 2006 at 12:49 AM Post #7 of 13
I always felt the PX100 (both versions) was the technically superior phone, but the comparatively balanced presentation of the 75 was more pleasant for a wider variety of music. The crazy darkness of the PX100 certainly isn't for everyone.

All that said, my recabled PX100 completely trounces both the stock and recabled/modded ksc-75. Talk about dark, though...wow!

May 11, 2006 at 3:36 AM Post #8 of 13
I sent in my beloved KSC-35s back to Koss for some minor repairs and they sent me back a new KSC-75. I just bought a pair of KSC-75s from Radio-Shack a week ago.
frown.gif

Bah, maybe I'll sell it for credit towards a new KSC-35. I liked that pair more.

May 11, 2006 at 12:37 PM Post #9 of 13
.....i am starting to like the sound. The clip starting to annoy me, I think I am going to do some modding like replacing the clip with over the back head band.

May 11, 2006 at 1:02 PM Post #10 of 13
No surprise to me- I believe that once everyone cuts through they hype they'll realize what seemed to be widely known before everyone started going bananas over them around here:

The 75s are a MAGNIFICENT value, comparing well to phones costing $50-100 (not as good as some, much better than others), but by no stretch are they the undisputed champion of the "under $100" category of headphones.

They have boomy bass and can be a bit shrill, which is outstanding for a $10 pair of phones, but decidedly run-of-the-mill if pitted against the Senn 280s, Sony V6s, and many other "under $100" offerings from Audio Technica, Beyerdnamic, et al.

May 11, 2006 at 1:41 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by dudley doright
.....i am starting to like the sound. The clip starting to annoy me, I think I am going to do some modding like replacing the clip with over the back head band.

Don't forget that the clip part is made out of metal, so you can bend it around for a better fit.

May 11, 2006 at 1:48 PM Post #13 of 13
i just got my KSC75s too, jumped in to the radioshack deal, the soundstage and highs are amazing for $10 and even a lot more
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back