I finally got my IEMs! (super.fi 5 pro)
Sep 19, 2008 at 10:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

hear_the_sound

Head-Fier
I just bought the clear Super.fi 5 Pros from Costco for $169.99. Costco's great because it has the BEST return policy

So i'd like to contribute some personal advice for anyone who is in the same position that I was in

-the sound quality is great, bass driven songs just sound so cool and make me walk faster ; D
-they are not as 'aggressive' or 'upfront' as some have said. i feel it is balanced and present. i still feel like i am behind the music listening to it, not in it.
-the wire is not flimsy in any way...it is actually very thick and does not tangle, and there is memory wire for where the wire loops around your ear so.. all is great there
-they are not that big. (i have pretty small ears) i actually like the appearance. the clear one's look really cool and i think look more expensive than white or black ones.
-they are as easy to put on as my headbuds, even better, b/c they don't constantly fall out. and they arent obtrusive at all, dont go way deep into the ear canal
-the only thing that is kind of annoying is putting the wire behind your ear but that eliminates sounds from brushing the wires...as the wire is pretty hefty, they weigh down on my ears!

i havent tried any other high-ish end iems but now i can't stand my px-100, koss ksc75, or cx-300. at 10% volume i can hear EVERYTHING on the super.fi 5 pro's; others.......sounds like static. go in general i'd say these are great and most of the negatives i think were said by people just trying very very hard to pick out flaws that dont exist.
the sound, although great, does leave me wanting more though. i am thinking about just going straight to the triple.fi so i eliminate all the money lost on cheaper stuff in between.....
but i think i'd be happy if i stuck with these. i am getting pretty busy with school (applying for colleges!)
so i will try to put a hold on my new found sound addiction. so there is 2 cents from a fellow amateur
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back