I fell in love......
Mar 23, 2006 at 7:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

darkninja67

Headphoneus Supremus
with my new DT880s. I just got them and some new interconnects (Signal Cable Analog 2). First impressions is that they are awesome female vocal cans. I played some Diana Krall, Madonna, Alicia Keys and it was pretty incredible. I have never heard Diana Krall sound to soulful. Just something about the air to these cans.

I played some Coldplay (Parachutes) to see how the Beyers did with male vocals and it was alright. Seemed a bit sibilant and harsh during Spies. I will chalk that up to not having the cans or cables burnt in yet. I assume they will mellow a bit.

Metal? They seem to lack the punch needed for metal (Metallica, In Flames, Slayer, etc) I already have decent metal cans so this is not biggie.

Anyway, so far so good. These are keepers.

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:19 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
with my new DT880s. I just got them and some new interconnects (Signal Cable Analog 2). First impressions is that they are awesome female vocal cans. I played some Diana Krall, Madonna, Alicia Keys and it was pretty incredible. I have never heard Diana Krall sound to soulful. Just something about the air to these cans.

I played some Coldplay (Parachutes) to see how the Beyers did with male vocals and it was alright. Seemed a bit sibilant and harsh during Spies. I will chalk that up to not having the cans or cables burnt in yet. I assume they will mellow a bit.

Metal? They seem to lack the punch needed for metal (Metallica, In Flames, Slayer, etc) I already have decent metal cans so this is not biggie.

Anyway, so far so good. These are keepers.

When you say new DT880s, do you mean recently acquired DT880s, or the new (and more expensive) model?

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:22 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrilix
When you say new DT880s, do you mean recently acquired DT880s, or the new (and more expensive) model?

I mean the version that is on my head and not in your avatar.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 24, 2006 at 4:18 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67

Congratulations... I fell in love with mine too.
580smile.gif
Burn-in will definitely help, as will proper amping. What probably helps the most though is cleanly-recorded music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back